1.2 meter KU dish needed, Mid Michigan area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok I took some measurements - I found them odd. From edge to edge across I get 48" top to bottom it is 52". I placed it flat on the floor and it has no warp that I can tell. No markings could I find, the 2 support arms and lnb arm screw in on the edge of the dish. I do have all the mounting hardware but the pole mount part I have to remove from my 10' C dish set up, not that big of deal but it's some thing I would have to work on (you would have to see it to understand). So let me know if you want it, and or need photos.

Eric

Ok I took some measurements - I found them odd. From edge to edge across I get 48" top to bottom it is 52". I placed it flat on the floor and it has no warp that I can tell. No markings could I find, the 2 support arms and lnb arm screw in on the edge of the dish. I do have all the mounting hardware but the pole mount part I have to remove from my 10' C dish set up, not that big of deal but it's some thing I would have to work on (you would have to see it to understand). So let me know if you want it, and or need photos.

Eric

Sounds like an off-set dish to me so the measurements aren't that odd, and it's definitely a 1.2 meter (48" aperture). They are normally slightly taller than they are wide.

Yes, I do want it, thanks! I have sent a PM to you.

Last edited:
If by any chance, you have the original feedhorn, that would be a plus to an all ready fine deal. :)

Primestar - be sure to take your camera along. ;)
One look at the backside, and I'm sure someone here can identify the brand.

edit: oh, is it metal or molded?

If he is using the feedhorn, that's not an issue to me as I have lnb's available. Of course, the original feedhorn would probably be a better match for signal though.

I do not know the answers to any of your other questions as of yet. Metal or plastic or fiberglas is all the same to me. This will be fixed with no motor, so weight is of little concern.

I really appreciate Crosspaws offering this to me!

Last edited:
I finally just got back from picking up this dish. I believe it's a molded Prodelin 1.2 meter dish. Eric did also give me the orthomode feedhorn with the lnb and transmitter. It was a 295 mile drive total there and back. and I did that after a 12 hour shift last night, got 3.5 hours of sleep, and then that drive. I got home a little less than 1 hour ago. I've only just unloaded it and put away everything for the night. I was amazed, as my 2010 Mazda 3 car with the new hitch I had installed got 28 mpg while pulling a trailer! Without the trailer, it gets 32, so that's not a bad difference for not using the over-drive (lighter 5th gear, which could burn out while hauling a trailer)

So I will look it over better tomorrow, and figure out how to mount the back mount, and the feed-arms and such.

Thanks again Eric, I truly appreciate the gift of the dish, and meeting you and talking with you. It was a GREAT DAY!

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.