1/2 Off HBO/Cinemax six months.

I recently called myself to inquire about HBO, half off is a good price, well better then the full price :)

I recently called myself to inquire about HBO, half off is a good price, well better then the full price :)
I like paying full price. HBO works hard to bring us quality programming. And, Dish pays HBO a lot to carry it. So, I think it's only fair that I pay ppffffffffft....Sorry. I couldn't keep a straight face. Carry on.

Nothing new, every time I try and cancel a premium (Cinemax, Epix, etc...) I get it for 6 months at 50%.
I'm currently on HBO and SHO for 1/2 price for 6 mos, expiring shortly. Unfortunately, I can't cancel from the My Programming page, as the HBO and SHO boxes aren't even checked.

Maybe if I let it revert to full price for a while, and then attempt to cancel, the offer will pop up again? I wonder if there is a minimum grace period of paying full price before they offer it again?

Is this available for all current Dish subs? I just logged in to Dish.com and didn't see it under offers. Can any DIRTs out there clarify?

Just chatted with a CSR online through Dish.com and activated the programming. Thanks for the heads up!

Just check my offers. Only showed 4 for $45. Site must yet to be playing catch up.

I chatted with DISH customer support and asked for Hbo for 1/2 price and got it again for another 6 months. Just in time for True Blood and the summer Hbo series tv. I haven't paid full price for Hbo at all this year between the 1/2 price program and the 3 free months program.:D

Just curious, does the MVPD eat the entire costs of providing half-price subs, or does HBO et al. share in the cost reductions? To me, if I feel that the cost is too high, I'd rather not sub at all to send the message to the provider that they are pricing themselves into oblivion. If HBO, for example, doesn't lose any revenue with these half-priced subscriptions yet sees artificially inflated subscriber numbers, then they have no incentive to keep prices in check.

I contacted my favorite neighborhood Dirt Member, got me HBO and Showtime instead of C, which is what i REALLY wanted with Dexter's last season almost upon us. Happy, Happy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)