1/28/2009 4:47pm Uplink Activity Report - 85 changes

Hopefully when Ciel-2 is finally lit up we will see one big uplink report that will light up all of these locals.

This is the uplink report. They don't have to change anything in the table now, because all of those locals are now in the table.

They have to actually put video up to the satellite, but doing so will not require any change in the uplink report.

When EchoStar8's channels moved to EchoStar11, there was no uplink report, just member reports of a significant increase in signal strength.

It seems likely that people will know Ciel-2 is handling channels from EchoStar5 when the signal strength on those channels in the Pacific Northwest goes way up...

PS Since these new local channels are "NA" (Not Available), there will be an uplink report when they are made Available ("A") for subscription.

They have to actually put video up to the satellite, but doing so will not require any change in the uplink report.
Well, since the local channels in the "uplink" report are on transponders that currently have CONUS (and in many cases national) channels on E5, it follows that we will need to see the national channels moved to different transponders. Those are the changes to the system tables that I'd be looking for first.

Looking thru changes at 2:30pm PDT I see much more changes then Digi posted.
A lot of international channels at 61.5W and 148W got special marks - perhaps ready to move to 118.75W ?

Digi, seems to me you're loosing valuable info. Don't lost credibility ;).

Someone asking about the Nashville beam...not sure if this is the one but it does cover Nashville.

Attachments

• nashville_129.jpg
    nashville_129.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 485
Am i reading that correctly, Houston locals on 61.5? Could this mean that Houston will be transfered over to eastern arc in the near future?

Post real signals, at least spectrums/TSReader graphs, and it will be credited as Uplink report.
Cutting corners doesn't mean real hard work ;).

I'll stick with the tables as my uplink report. Pretty damn good data there. People don't want a bunch of graphs and other garbage. They just want a simple to read report like it is now.

It's a bit late - years later - to suddenly notice that the name of the report is inaccurate. :rolleyes:
Well, I did raise my voice a few times regarding the 'marketing' name of forum/threads/posts. Perhaps you missed them, but JohnH&Digi each time pushing me back.
Plus I don't see it's written in stones. :)

Are Local HD channels coming to Tri-Cities, TN?

Can someone please tell me of local HD channels for Tri-Cities, TN will be part of everything that is going on with the Ciel 2 satellite? I saw one uplink report which included one station in Kingsport, TN and another in Johnson City, TN, but to be honest I'm not exactly sure what this indicates.

My basic question is whether some or all of our local channels will be available in HD within the next week or so --- or whenever the new satellite is up and working.

Thanks in advance and to everyone who provides such useful information!

(Tri-Cities, TN = Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)