1.2m Digiwave dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Keep the refund money, and use it for a sled this next winter.

Drill a hole, and mount a rope on it. It probably will work fine for sliding down hills.

On Saturday I set it up outside to no avail. Kinda surprised since the top half of the dish does look OK.
Box is completely destroyed so there's no point in returning it either.

On Saturday I set it up outside to no avail. Kinda surprised since the top half of the dish does look OK.
Box is completely destroyed so there's no point in returning it either.
I dropped a 33" dish from 5 ft and warpped it slightly. Can't tell you how much time I spent (wasted) trying to re-align it. It does work but not well compared to my other 33".

I dropped a 33" dish from 5 ft and warpped it slightly. Can't tell you how much time I spent (wasted) trying to re-align it. It does work but not well compared to my other 33".

Figured something as big as 48"...I didnt think there would be much of an effect is it was warped on one side... spent about 30 minutes aiming...nothing. Q never went about the standard 10%

What happens is the reflections from the pan do not hit the sweat spot on the LNB. It doesn't take much to mess it up.
Could use it as a gong to call the family when dinner is ready.

Reactions: Kraven
Could use it as a gong to call the family when dinner is ready.

That or I'll pull a Clark Griswold at Christmas.

7-7-2015 9-22-23 AM.png

If the dish isn't actually creased anywhere, might be worth putting it on a flat surface and seeing if it'll pop back into shape. If there's actual wrinkles/creases where it bent, then no. Really stinks, after getting lost and waiting and all.

If the dish isn't actually creased anywhere, might be worth putting it on a flat surface and seeing if it'll pop back into shape. If there's actual wrinkles/creases where it bent, then no. Really stinks, after getting lost and waiting and all.

I remember Titanium describing a method to straighten out a warped dish, think he referenced the dish being "potato-chipped"? But if it's damaged like A Raine mentioned above it won't work.

I'm amazed you got anything, been involved in a deal that was very similar and the seller backed out, after telling me a few "tales" why they couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't ship the dish.

I remember Titanium describing a method to straighten out a warped dish, think he referenced the dish being "potato-chipped"? But if it's damaged like A Raine mentioned above it won't work.

I'm amazed you got anything, been involved in a deal that was very similar and the seller backed out, after telling me a few "tales" why they couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't ship the dish.

You hold the dish in your hands, like a cars steering wheel. One hand at 9am, and the other at 3pm. Bring the dish close to your chest, and THRUST it away (out) from you as far as your arms can reach. Then THRUST it in towards your chest again. Repeat as needed. This typically will only work on dishes that are slightly compressed/warped from shipping, not so much as truly bent.

Needless to say, this method requires two things: 1: A metal dish, 2: One not so large that you can't lift and hold it to try this method. It works up to 39inch dishes for sure.

GeosatPro includes the same instructions above at least with the 90cm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.