This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

1.2M Geosat Pro and DG380 Installation Pains

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Babadem,

The motor control is identical between the Coolsat and the AZBox, if you use USALS motor positioning. USALS is a trademarked math calculation program.

As long as the box sports the USALS logo, the motor operation will be the same and any USALS box would therefore send the same command to the motor, regardless of the receiver make or model. As long as the receiver qualifies for and is accepted by the USALS lab, it can wear that logo and list it in its specifications.

The only variation in the motor control and position would result from what you enter for your latitude, longitude and satellite orbital position. The USALS program uses these three items to calculate the motor commands.

If you use DiSEqC 1.2 motor control, then it doesn't matter since basically all you are doing is dialing in a motor position manually, then recording and storing that position. Any receiver should do this.

The signal meter on the Coolsat is quite accurate. This will depend upon the firmware installed, but generally it is really good. I have a SuperBuddy signal meter which is a calibrated meter and my Coolsat reads very close to what the SuperBuddy tells me.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.