Geosat Micro and Geosat 1200 S2 receivers

archibald

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2022
south africa
The microHD was shipped with a LO of 10750. If you are using a universal LNBF, you will need to change this.
Have you tried changing the LO? Do you have DiSEqC switch/switches in-line? Have you changed settings to comply?

Both the 1200 and Micro are on LO Universal 9750/10600..I use a Diseqc swich in line.I have noted that the 1200 does not have, when single sat search, the scan freq range display of start/stop 10700 to 12200.Any possible bearing on this?

As I said on the other forum, have you checked for voltage?

Reactions: cyberham
I dont have a volt meter,however,using the same dish I cant see why it is a voltage problem.Do you mean the Micro could have a voltage problem?

Not having a volt meter can I take the micro receiver to a repair shop for testing.Being 85 I am not into the testing by way of a volt meter.The repair shop wont have a dish to which the micro can be connected.You may wish to guide me along.Thanks.

LNB power is on.
I have tried the Micro on a different dish with no diseqc switch involved.Also I had the voltage checked which showed 18V.

I ask again is it a software problem.I am in Africa what am I to do? The point is that the 1200 is working fine and I cant understand what is going on.Please assist.

However,using the Micro on the same dish

Just checking:

Does this mean,
a) that you used the same cable and LNB-output, as the 1200 was functioning on?
b) that you screwed on the antenna cable, while the Micro was completely disconnected from the mains?
c) and then switched it on again, and did the blind scan?
(All wile bypassing the diseqc switch?)

I assume that you can see the Micro-menu messages on the TV screen (so not on the receiver display)?

Greetz,
A33

In a) b) c) the answer is yes.I also used the diseqc switch in the applicable port and disabled position.The messages are on the tv screen.I cant get my head around the fact that the 1200 is working.Does the 1200 have the same LO of 10750 as the Micro.If so it is working on an universal lnb of 9750-10600. Or,what lnb do I need for a LO of 10750.

Have you set the LNB LO in the micro to universal? Both receivers will do universal or 10750. You have to change it in the menu.

archibald: Did you ever try, with LNB power OFF on the microHD, connecting the microHD to the loop through connector on the 1200. So, let the 1200 provide voltage to the LNB and then trying using the microHD.

Doing this would confirm if the microHD works but won't supply the LNB voltage for some reason.

Here's a thought: WHICH firmware rev are you presently running in the MicroHD? There were quite a few released, and IMO, you should be running the last one. What rev number and date are on yours? You can find that in the menu.

I did exactly what cyberham advised ,however,the Micro does not scan at all.With the 1200 being on port 2 I also used the Micro on port 2 and also on disabled.The situation is still the same.

Being in Africa what do I do?