Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
I'm hoping to have some time this weekend to put up the 1.2M dish and had a few questions as I'm going to try with Ku and C lnbs. When using an offset LNB, to use the motor for positioning the dish to the offset LNB, do you use DiSEqC?

Also, if anyone has any opinions on the pros v. cons of which lnb is better to offset, the Ku or C, I'd like to hear.

1) I think that if I were using an offset lnbf, I'd use Diseqc 1.2 motor control to tune in those sats.
2) Since Ku is more critical in aiming, put the Ku lnbf at the focal point and offset the C-band lnbf. I think that's the standard way of playing with it.

3) Personally, I have a 4 footer with a C-band lnbf, and a 1M dish with a Ku lnbf. I DO , on occasions, simply run outside and put a Ku lnbf on the 4 footer ( typically in the fall, when I want two Ku dishes searching for college games ) .

Good luck, Don't forget that skew on your C-band lnbf may be a little strange, depending upon brand. Both my DMX242 and GeoSatPro C-2 need to have the polarization arrow pointed to either 9:00 or 3:00 for correct H/V polarization.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ku FTA with 1.2m CM and Coolsat 4000 - need some guidance

Where am i??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)