1.2M MiniBud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When people were going nuts a few years ago, testing miniBUDs, the best results seemed to use...
- C band LNBF at the focal point
- Ku LNBF mounted as close to the side as possible

Dual band C/Ku LNBFs didn't work so well.

When people were going nuts a few years ago, testing miniBUDs, the best results seemed to use...
- C band LNBF at the focal point
- Ku LNBF mounted as close to the side as possible

Dual band C/Ku LNBFs didn't work so well.

I was thinking about it, but w/ the conical scalar,it would move the Ku LNB 2-3 inches from the centre.

IMHO - With the low gain and side lobe interference being higher on a small dish, It's going to require the C band LNBF at the sweet spot to get all it can. The Ku has enough leeway, in gain and sidelobe performance, as to afford it being offset from the perfect focal point.(and still get acceptable performance)
Mike Kohl has pics of Ku LNBF's mounted even further 'off center' http://www.global-cm.net/multifeedsys.html

I tried using a Primestar dish and a several others dual C/Ku LNBF and the focal point seems designed for a much larger dish.

The conical scalar is really a necessity for the C band on the undersized dish if you intend on trying to actually watch the signal you tune in. I have 4 setup currently with reliable stable signals. On 99w I have great reception on the ABC feeds which are DVB-S2 with 9/10 FEC on a larger 1.8m dish.

On 99w I have great reception on the ABC feeds which are DVB-S2 with 9/10 FEC on a larger 1.8m dish.

Same here.. on my 6ft dish I get the ABC HD NET-2, 3 and 4 with 78% Signal.

On my 1.2m using a Conical .. zero

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yep your best bet it not to use a dual C/Ku LNBF results will be bad. Get a dedicated C-Band LNBF and side mount the Ku. :)

Am hoping NOT to go the 1.2m route..just keeping my options open.

Thanks all, K

Get both 1.2m and Cband for double pleasures .

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

One nice thing about a 1.2 M miniBUD is that you can move it with a DiSEqC H-H motor and use USALS, unlike a larger dish with an actuator.
True, but you can get pretty good aiming, if you can find an H-H motor for your BUD.
And a hell of a lot better beamwidth. ;)

But for those determined to go down the 1.2 meter road, ACradio once reported using a flat scalar, but pushing it to the (dish) end of your LNBF.
At that point, it performed more like a conical scalar.
This is not a recommendation; just something you can try if you don't have a conical scalar on hand.
I linked to the post by ACradio a number of times, so look up what he said for best results.

In all honestly, if am able to get some Networks, Ion, Family, Me, Me2, MyTV, This and other networks I'd be happy with it.

Cheers, K

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts