1.8 prodelin offset lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

english2fourth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
city of the angels cali
I am ready to put the cband to this beast, as I finally hoisted it up on the roof. BY Myself!!! I used ropes and pulleys, thank god i didn't break a window. it's pretty light, when all the IRON is removed.

So, now on the roof, i tested for ku signals at or near the assumed focal point (from the iron rods that are attached. the third bar will need a nifty mod, maybe anole can show me the exact manual, i searched the prodelin site, no exact match...but i can mod another. i hope! anyway, tons of ku room up there which should make the ku on the c dish experiment valid, but now i have to mount the lnb. got a bsc 421, as it is light, should be fun to play with. would have more to report, but i modded the 75 channelmaster with a sg2100, and i am fine tuning the toy. seems so tiny compared to the 1.8! i will try to get pix, thanks for all the help, and hopefully someone can tell me if they have tried the bsc421 and can give pointers help as always to the forum mods.

Prodelin 6' on C-band?

Around post #121, Linuxman and Pendragon came to a meeting of the minds as to where the focal point is for that dish.
You might use that thread for encouragement.

Now, there's a similar-looking dish, with three support arms, which is claimed to be ChannelMaster, not Prodelin.
I don't have either, so can't argue the merits one way or the other.
Post some pictures of yours.

As for LNBF's, some guys seem to like the 421.
I intended to use the SatAV CK-1, but the dish disappeared and I never got it.
I'm kind of holding my breath to see if anyone fires up with the CK-1, and makes any great claims for both bands. - :cool:
Linuxman seems to be getting good Ku signals on his dish with regular Ku LNBs.
I've also bought the C-only, B1-stacked Eagle Aspen from Sadoun.
Just depends if you want to run bandstacked to multiple receivers or not.

Someone posted a link/picture/PDF of the original mount for that dish.
It takes a jack to move it.
Problem, you get the dish for nuttin' , and then pay $200/300 for a mount?
I don't think so. :eek:

As a fixed dish for Puerto Rico @ 99°w C-band, it should likely work fine.
But for C-band, it should probably have a conical scalar ring.
There's been plenty of discussion on using an offset dish for C, so you should find lots of info.
If not, we can dig up something for you if you have specific questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts