1 Hopper 4 joey system

mudbug2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Baton Rouge, La
There must have been a change in how many joeys Dish will install with one Hopper.

I was just quoted $200 to upgrade to 1 hopper / 4 joeys. I thought that the limit was 3 joeys per Hopper.

weird. on their printed documentation it says the four joey would require a minimum of 2 hoppers.

was this all done leased through dish and is it installed already? and did you confirm everything?

I don't know if we've established the 3 joeys per hopper theory. Max i've seen so far is 2 hoppers and 4 joeys installed through dish. I would be interested to see if two purchased joeys would activate on that type of account to give you 2 hoppers and 6 joeys.

I think it would be wise for you to read some posts here if you have not already. You will see A quote is very very different from actually ordering. And if you have not read other posts, you need to contact a DIRT team member if you want the most correct answer.
From all appearances you can not have four Joeys and one Hopper.

The Hopper is new and the CSR's are obviously confused. They shouldn't be, but they are.

I guess I better call - no telling what would get ordered using the chat.

chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): Hi, my name is Eva (ID: A95). How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
Jude Robert: Eva, I was just quoted $200 for a 1 hopper / 4 joey system. Could this be correct? I thought that there was a 3 joey limit per hopper?
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): I will be happy to assist you with the Hopper information.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): Please give me a moment to access your account.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): How many HDTV's do you have?
chat_enduser_message.png
Jude Robert: Five
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): Okay.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): You need to get 2 Hopper and 3 Joeys Jude.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): For security purposes, would you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?
chat_enduser_message.png
Jude Robert: xxxx
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): Thank you.
chat_enduser_message.png
Jude Robert: Is the cost different? Three tuners in one hopper is enough for us.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): I will answer that.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this for you.
chat_enduser_message.png
Jude Robert: Ok. Currently have 4 tvs connected to 2 vip622 receivers. I want to have HD feed on all and add the media room projector which currently has DVD and BD only.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): I understand.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): You can get an I Hopper with 3 joeys for the low upfront cost of $100 and free for the technician visit.

chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): There will be $8 increase in your monthly bill Jude.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): Would you like to take advantage of this offer today?

chat_enduser_message.png
Jude Robert: What about a 2 hopper system? one hopper and 3 joeys is only 4 tvs
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): I will answer that.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): You can get an 2 Hoppers with 3 joeys for the low upfront cost of $200 and free for the technician visit.

chat_enduser_message.png
Jude Robert: And the monthly cost would be?
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): There will be $8 increase in your monthly bill Jude.
chat_enduser_message.png
Jude Robert: Hmmm, 1 hopper / 3 joey is $8 a month and 2 hopper / 3 joey is $8 a month?
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): Yes that is correct.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): The first Hopper is free of charge Jude.
chat_enduser_message.png
Jude Robert: What would my total monthly be after with the 2 hopper / 3 joey system?
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): With 1 Hopper 1 Joey will be for no charge.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): With the changes made today, your new monthly rate will be $106.99 + taxes. Your next month's bill will be slightly higher as prorated charges will apply on that bill in addition to the new monthly rate.
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): The upfront charge will be $200.
chat_enduser_message.png
Jude Robert: Ok, I'll get back - thanks
chat_agent.png
Eva (ID: A95): You are welcome.

Wow, sounds correct, 2nd hopper is same cost as a Joey other than the upfront cost. I don't know what you have now so I don't know if it's an $8 increase or not.

i believe that's correct, to get five tvs you'll need two hoppers and three joeys. Four joeys would only be for 6 TV households with two hoppers.

The only thing she missed in the upfront cost is the install cost. I think some CSRs were offering free installs if you sign up for the protection plan for at least 4 months. (She may have gotten to it later in the conversation since you kind of cut her off a little early telling her you'll get back to her)

2 hopper / 3 joeys is what I need for the 5 tvs.

It's that the increase is $8 / month for either the 1 hopper / 3 joey system or the 2 hopper / 3 joey system. That doesn't sound right.

The install is free because I do have the protection plan. I will call them and order, be wanting to get Dish for the media room projector.

2 hopper / 3 joeys is what I need for the 5 tvs.

It's that the increase is $8 / month for either the 1 hopper / 3 joey system or the 2 hopper / 3 joey system. That doesn't sound right.

The install is free because I do have the protection plan. I will call them and order, be wanting to get Dish for the media room projector.

each additional outlet after the first hopper is $7 a month.

So your hardware costs per month for 2 hoppers/3 Joeys would be $6 DVR fee + $4 Whole Home Fee + 4 Additional Outlets ($28) = $38

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)