1 LNB and Receiving both Galaxy 16 and 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

airforcevet123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Keller, Texas
I must be lucky! Today I did a blind scan on my Traxis DBS 6000HD receiver and now I am receiving TV channels on both Galaxy 16 and Galaxy 19 using just (1) LNB.
Total FTA channels are over 478.

Modified an old DirecTV "WorldDirect" Satellite Dish using my WS International WS24 lnb bracket. I am Grand-Fathered old time DirecTV customer and I own my equipment. Now I receive my paid DirecTV programming and receive over 478 FTA channels.

Here are pictures of my setup.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    575.6 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    700.8 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    434.7 KB · Views: 368
With enough gain (dish) if the LNBF isn't quite peaked on one or the other satellite, but "in between" it's possible. Also think that if the feed isn't at the exact 'sweet spot' the chances are increased. What quality reading you getting comparing 97 to 99.
Total FTA channels are over 478
I have around 240 'in the clear' on 97w, but only about 6 that scan in on 99w. Huh, that don't add up to 478. Possibly have some 'doubles'. 2x240=480

Galaxy 19 @ 97W has 226 video and 86 audio ITC channels. There are more if you count the scrambled ($) channels. Something is amiss. My vote is that same channels were captured on both horizontal and vertical polarity scan per FaT Air. You really should change name to Phat Air to be modern.

When I did a blind scan twice, on Galaxy 19, the TV channels totaled 214 and only 5 scrambled channels. Total Galaxy 16 TV channels showed well over 340 channels and about 70 scrambled channels. Did notice lot of duplication channels. However, there were a lot of extra channels on Galaxy 16 with DIFFERENT transponders that did not appear on Galaxy 19.

My signal strength tops almost 90 and the quality signal varies around 45-55.

Probably getting in some of that circular frequencies into the blindscan. If its connected of course.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I chose 'old school' for the capitol letters. & I don't think it's possible to change it now and keep the same acct.
That and the fact that i sometimes trip on fat air.
Fat air- noun.
When a person missteps and trips on a seemingly invisible object. It is theorized that the person may have actually ran afoul of a pocket of air denser than the surrounding air.

Some new information I noticed this morning on the channels I am receiving from what I thought was Galaxy 16. I noticed all of channels had different mhz frequencies on Galaxy 16 as compared to Galaxy 19. Examples: GCN -10867mhz V, LTV - 10874mhz H, Kazakh - 10874mhz H, RTA - 10929mhz V, Saigon - 10929mhz V.

Confused as to what's happening? Any possible answers as to why my Receiver would indicate Galaxy 16 but in realty the TV channels are actually duplicated from Galaxy 19?

Somewhere in your receiver configuration local oscillator data, it seems like you have the LO value set for 11750 MHz instead of the correct 10750 MHz. Your received frequencies are reading exactly 1 MHz too low. Or some variation of this idea. Check local oscillator configurations in your receiver for each satellite. My guess is it's something to do with Galaxy 16 configuration.

Last edited:
Verify the LNBF's LO frequency. Likely it is a standard type with LO frequency of 10750 and you have the receiver's LO frequency set to Universal 9750/10600.

If you are using a Standard type LNBF with a LO of 10750MHz (10.5GHz), make sure that the receiver is also set up for Standard type LO frequency 10750.

We had very heavy and intense lightning in our area two nights ago and right after this my Ku setup began scanning in channels on H and V polarities both so the channel count was doubled. The ones that were on the wrong polarity were much weaker, I also was getting channels bleeding over from adjacent satellites. I checked all settings and went through everything I could think of and nothing worked until I swapped the output on my LNB and then it straightened out. The LNB's an Avenger PLL322-2, dual output, swapping from the output I was using to the unused one fixed the problem for me, and rescanning channels, I imagine the lightning fried something in the LNB. Everything is working now as it was except I lost Cozi Tv, which was working fine before this.

I must be lucky! Today I did a blind scan on my Traxis DBS 6000HD receiver and now I am receiving TV channels on both Galaxy 16 and Galaxy 19 using just (1) LNB.
Total FTA channels are over 478.

Modified an old DirecTV "WorldDirect" Satellite Dish using my WS International WS24 lnb bracket. I am Grand-Fathered old time DirecTV customer and I own my equipment. Now I receive my paid DirecTV programming and receive over 478 FTA channels.

Here are pictures of my setup.

I assume you are receiving DT on a different receiver than the FTA... so far I dont know anyone that can do both formats....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)