1 meter dish and dual lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

akimbobo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I have a small round dish 1 meter and wanted to know if a dual lnb (ku and c band) would work on it and if so what would be recommended and do i need an adapter for the lnb or anything else

Ku woks great with a 1m dish, Cband not so great. If you were playing with a 1.2m then it's a different story.

well the size is a guess it might be. I had no idea that sized mattered that much. So if it is a 1.2 meter dish then it would be fine?

I will try and find out then. So a dual would be great for a 1.2 meter dish then ?\

and can I hook up a motor like I have on my BUD that moves the dish?

I don't have my bud hooked up and I was given the small dish and I well I thought I might try it since I have the fta receiver and all.

thanks for the info

Yea most of the Mini CBAND dishes used here are 1.2m, like I have myself.
I personally did test a 1m just like you and the results weren't as great as when I did it with 1.2m

okay it appears to be 2ft 11inches across the center. So I will then see about getting a 1.2m dish

and then I could use a dual lnb and a motor on it also?

okay it appears to be 2ft 11inches across the center. So I will then see about getting a 1.2m dish

and then I could use a dual lnb and a motor on it also?

Yes you can.. just make sure you get a heavy duty motor

I had bad luck with a dual C/Ku lnbf on my 1.2M dish. I'm much happier now, simply swapping out between my GeosatPro C2( for Cband) and dual Ku lnbf . The combo lnbf does not have nearly the Ku performance of a Ku lnbf designed for the offset dish. My advice is to use two separate lnbf's and swap them out as necessary.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts