1 Meter Wineguard- Any Motors Work Stock?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

garrelt1

Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
After a lot of looking I found a local place that can get me a Wineguard 1 meter special order with no shipping costs! I just have to wait a few weeks for it!

I read on another forum that the mount is slightly different for this dish, even though it is supposed to be universal. I also saw on a sellers website that they reccommended a 55 mm tube, which is odd becuase the specs are only up to a 50mm mount!

Does any one have this dish and what motor will work stock out of the box!

Will a GS120 work? (Is this really the same as an Sg2100)?

Dudes, I almost sound like I know what I am talking about. I feel pretty cool.

I've heard some people just fabricate a sleeve for it and mount it. You could probably just shim it with some metal/plastic and it work for you as well. an sg2100 should work no problem.

I just checked the Winegard specs and it calls for a mount pole 2.25" at the minimum which would mean at least 57mm. I know guys have taken their motor and dish to a muffler shop and have a sleeve custom fab'd fairly cheap to make an SG2100 work with the Winegard 1m.

I believe the Stab motors have the right size shaft for the Winegard 1 meter dish, at least the Stab 100 and 120, not sure about the newer ones.
I have my Winegard 1m on a SG2100, the stock shaft is 42mm, I bought the 50mm factory replacement, then slipped on a piece of 2" id pvc. It is a nice tight fit for the dish with this arrangement. BTW, the 50mm replacement was $12

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)