1 Second Signal, then No Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Galaxy19

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
New York, NY
Hi,
Recently my satellite system has malfunctioned. When I point to one of my preset satellite locations, I get a picture but for only 1 second then the screen goes blank with the "No Signal!" message. When I point to a new satellite, same thing. I checked all my cables, connections and verified with SatBuddy that I am pulling in a strong signal. I'll guess that either the LNB or my Receiver is malfunctioning. Which do you think it might be? I unplugged the receiver for several minutes but no luck.
My receiver is the Traxis DBS-3500.
Thank you.

Sounds like your dish has slipped on the pole or your longitude and latitude is set wrong. If you are using USALS put on diseqc 1.2 and bump dish in opposite direction
it was going in when going to the satellite.

Thanks for your help. I'm reasonably sure now that it was the wind that knocked my dish off a bit. But for the life of me, I can't find the signal again using the Traxis. I went back to my GeoSat Pro Receiver, which allows me to move the dish one step at a time (which I think is 0.3 degress). I can find the satellite using this. Even though I can only get around 40 on Signal Quality, the picture is quite good so I'll just go with this. I have gone thru the learning curve using the SatBuddy which I think now is almost totally useless since it only shows Signal Strength but not the Signal Quality of the transponder I am trying to find. The Geosat Pro though shows both the SS and SQ as you nudge the dish 1 strep at a time.
Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)