1 thing is crystal clear......

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
If you talk to 3 customer service reps....you will get 3 different answers. Now I dont know who/what to believe. I had 2 simple questions.

1- Can I use a super dish to get 110,119, and 61 (I wanted locals) or do I need 2 dishes. 1 cs rep said I need 2 dishes (that wont fly with my wife) and 1 said the superdish would get all 3, and 1 waffled on me 1st saying I need2 dishes than 1..

Does anybody know the real scoop here?

My other question was about adding an additional HD reciever to lease which would replace a reciever I currently own. 1 csr said it would cost $100 and it would be a 811 (even though I pleaded it will be obsolete Feb 1 due to mpeg4) She could barely speak english. The other said I could replace an existing reciever for $50 lease fee and $5/mo but it might be a 811 or 411 but could not guarantee model. At that point I didnt know who or what to believe so I said goodbye till I sort this out.

Wow they really dont have their act together. If anyone can set me straight it would be appreciated. Thanks Bob P (one of the first 500,000 subscribers of Dish)

There is no way possibble to get 119, 110 and 61.5 on one dish. So no. A superdish will not work to do that. A superdish will get either 105/110/119 or 110/119 and 121. A Dish 1000 will get 110/119/129.

The reason you cannot get 61.5 on the same dish is strictly because of how far to the left it is in relation to the other two. When you have two dishes the 61.5 dish is pointed almost at right angles with the 110/119 dish.

If you have locals split between 61.5 and 119/110 and you subscribe to the locals package, DIsh MUST--BY LAW-- provide you with a second dish for 61.5 installed at no charge. DO NOT ask for the Voom channels while doing this. Wait until after you have the 61.5 dish.

See ya
Tony

How do I find out which sat my locals are on? I just assumed they were on 61.5

How am I going to convince CS reps they are supposed to give me the dish for free for locals? They dont even speak english barely

robertjp said:
They dont even speak english barely

Don't call 1 800 333 DISH!

instead call 1 888 XXX-XXXX and keep hitting # when the automated system comes up. Much better luck at this number :)

--------
after discussion with other staff members, the number was removed. This ia retailer phone number and not meant for the general public. Sorry. -Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
hdtvdeprived said:
Don't call 1 800 333 DISH!

instead call 1 888 xxx xxxxand keep hitting # when the automated system comes up. Much better luck at this number :)
Thanks a lot for publishing the private installer's number - NOT! :mad:

It's busy enough, and our time is money!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)