#1 UHF Remote Questions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i have a 722 that i want to hide in the basement so my #1 IR remote is no longer any good. anyone know where i can purchase a #1UHF remote?

i know dish sells them but i refuse to pay $15 for shipping. i also have an extra #2UHF remote, is there anything i can do with that (flip the chip to #1)?

thanks in advance for any help...
If you are going to operate the 722 in Single Mode, no need to do anything. Go to Single on the front panel and simply use the #2 UHF Remote. I do this all the time even with the receiver in the same room with my TV because that way I do not need to point the IR remote at the receiver.

If you want to control a 722 you need a 6.4 remote Tech Portal : Remotes : 6.4 IR/UHF/UHF Pro and a set of the keys to get the correct one for TV1. You can find them on Ebay or buy one from Dish. The correct key for TV1 is Green with a black 1 on it.
My 722 came with a 6.3 and I had a couple around the house that grabbed one as TV1 UHF. I mostly use an HOne with the 722. BUT my many of my remotes are starting to die and DISH sent me a 6.4 for one of them and WOW! what a difference. Buttons are easier to use and react as one would expect, UHF distance response is incredible. I have two 21.0's and they are dogs. As soon as I can I will be switching them all out for the latest 6.4. Or if they hold out for a while, 6.5's, if they keep working like the 6.4.

cool toy

I buy alot of gadgets. And this little thing will work for you. Can make any UF remote an RF remote. runs 30 to 50 dollars. Called a remote extender. Check it out. Full name is:::Next Generation Remote Control Extender. Made by next generation home products inc. Takes a small antenna with a chargeable battery goes in the battery compartment of your remote. Comes with two sizes and two batterys one is AA and one AAA. Battery lasts along time also has freq. changes incase of interferance. Good luck:D Google it!

i flipped the chip and it's black with a UHF logo on it, not a 1 or a 2. i've referred to, but am confused by this chart...

Tech Portal : Remotes : 6.3 IR/UHF/UHF Pro

anyone that can help a moron?

Do you have a 21.0 remote? If so, just make sire the black uhf tab is facing out, go to system infor screen, press clear sat button once and than record - should change from ir to uhf

If you are going to operate the 722 in Single Mode, no need to do anything. Go to Single on the front panel and simply use the #2 UHF Remote. I do this all the time even with the receiver in the same room with my TV because that way I do not need to point the IR remote at the receiver.
yea, I also figured this out when switching between single and dual mode.
don't have to change anything to control tv1 with the tv2 remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts