1 wire and a dp34 switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yelload

Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
Hi,

I would like to run 2 - 3100 receivers but i only have 1 wire coming in my house, from a dish pro plus lnb twin (the other wire goes into another room of my house)

I also have a dp34 switch that i wold like to use to connect my 2 receivers. My question is can I split the signal or diplex my signal to feed my dp34 switch with only 1 wire/1 signal?

Thank you for your answer

are you only hooked up to 91?

You might be able to hook that cable up to the DP34 switch then hook the 2 boxes of of that. I think the DPPTwin will play nice with the DP34.

I would try it and see what happens :)

If you are hooked up to 91 & 82 it won't work as you would need both lines from the LNB to the switch to get both 91 & 82. The DPP "separator" only wors on dual tuner boxes and not 2 separate boxes.

I hook both 91 and 82, cause my dpp twin lnb had a switch integrated in it... So the wire coming into my house carry both signals.

So theres is no switch to feed my dp34 with only 1 wire???

If i put a diplexer before my dp34, its not gonna work?

Thank you

Last edited:
yep. If you have both 82 & 91 you NEED 2 lines to the DP34

Yes the DPPTwin carries both 82 & 91 with the switch built in but if you add a switch to the mix (DP34) to run more than one receiver off that line, you need both cables from the Twin to the switch...no way around it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)