10-250 broke, what will i get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

janzy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
I have the extra service contract with Direct Tv and my 10-250 is not working anymore, does anyone know if they will send me the new hidef dvr to replace it?
I already have the AT-9 dish installed.

If you don't get the 10-250 you will get........................................a piece of Crap

janzy said:
I have the extra service contract with Direct Tv and my 10-250 is not working anymore, does anyone know if they will send me the new hidef dvr to replace it?

Keep in touch and let us know what you get.:confused:

They don't have to send you the same model if they have it in stock? If that's true, that totally sucks!!! I hope you at least get the new D* HD DVR, IF that is what you want/second choice. Good luck bud!

rkr0923 said:
If you don't get the 10-250 you will get........................................a piece of Crap

wait, why would they send him a E* reciever.

Really if you dont have anything to say, why add trash to this thread? grow up, seems like the bash directv bandwagon is getting full of people nowadays who have no idea.

rkr0923 said:
My HR20-700 has worked as expected and have had NO problems with it and it will be even better when the OTA tuner is turned on.....
Why would anyone want a unit that is 2-3 years old and has outdated OS on it and a OTA tuner that can't pick up a signal next door ?

HR20-700 is very solid .... Very glad I ordered it.

stuart628,
rkr is just praying that the thing starts having trouble so he can start trashing it and have a reason.

Those that trash equipment that they have never used are useless as far as I am concerned.
If he wants to talk about something that he has actually used, then thats different.

As for the original poster, As mentioned earlier, it's a crap shoot, however, when I had mine installed they tried to give me the HR10-250 and I told him that I did not want that unit and thats not what I paid for... (why add the AT-9 if your gonna have the HR10-250) He found a HR20-700 in the store room over the w/e and came out to finish it right. Except he never did ground the units, ran the wire down to the new ground block and never put a rod in or a ground. I will do that this weekend.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
rkr is just praying that the thing starts having trouble so he can start trashing it and have a reason.

Those that trash equipment that they have never used are useless as far as I am concerned.

Jimbo

Jimbos you have been in these forums long enough to know rkr0923 is a "troll" who has posted his indefensible diatribes, and his laughable positions on D* for months on end. :rolleyes: He has proven himself incapable of engaging in a logical debate on any of his positions and usually moves his foolishness to another thread when challenged; and once there beats the same old drum.

He urges others to go to E* but remains with D* himself.:D

His creditability in these forums, to those who know his style, is not worth a grain of salt. And are usually viewed that way by those who read his dribble:D. One need only to review his past posts to confirm that.

He is simply an ex-Voomer with a grudge. He chose D* over E* and still wants to re-live the days of VOOM. Whenever challenged about why he is still forking out his monthly payments to a service he claims is inferior and doesn't suit his needs; he responds by saying he is leaving D* :rolleyes:.

rkr0923 said:
why do you keep forking out your monthly payments to D* when you would be so much happier elsewhere

I will be leaving D* yes :) and I will continue to "Warn" people who inquire about D* of their below par services.........

But he hasn't and he won't, regardless of how many times he says he is!:D

Last edited:
janzy said:
DO youself a favor ... get a hard drive and an image from PTV. I just returned my HR20-700 because it recorded 2 season passes, then would not let me PLAY the darn things. I Zippered my HR10-250 and I am again happy.

However ... if MPEG4 and HDLIL is a must for you, you have no choice.

Mtnmike said:
Jimbos you have been in these forums long enough to know rkr0923 is a "troll" who has posted his indefensible diatribes, and his laughable positions on D* for months on end. :rolleyes: He has proven himself incapable of engaging in a logical debate on any of his positions and usually moves his foolishness to another thread when challenged; and once there beats the same old drum.

He urges others to go to E* but remains with D* himself.:D

His creditability in these forums, to those who know his style, is not worth a grain of salt. And are usually viewed that way by those who read his dribble:D. One need only to review his past posts to confirm that.

He is simply an ex-Voomer with a grudge. He chose D* over E* and still wants to re-live the days of VOOM. Whenever challenged about why he is still forking out his monthly payments to a service he claims is inferior and doesn't suit his needs; he responds by saying he is leaving D* :rolleyes:.

But he hasn't and he won't, regardless of how many times he says he is!:D
Mtnmike,
I generally try not to cause problems and will not get into calling people names.
IF he is an ex Voomer, why did he decide to change if he liked DISH, you need Dish in order to get Voom channels.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Mtnmike,
I generally try not to cause problems and will not get into calling people names.
IF he is an ex Voomer, why did he decide to change if he liked DISH, you need Dish in order to get Voom channels.

Jimbo

Jimbo

You're right it is not good to call people names. The terminology "troll" is an often used internet term when describing certain behaviors. Sorry

As to why he is not with Dish I guess you should ask him. Others have and you have seen the quoted response. Enough said.

Mike

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

Last edited:
janzy said:

What did you end up getting?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)