Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikekohl

Prehistoric Satellite Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 4, 2004
Montfort, Wisconsin
A lot of you have expressed the desire to have a larger mesh antenna, preferably new.
Your response to this limited offer will also give me an indication as to what the true market is for mesh antennas.
I have just located a small warehouse supply of 10-foot KTI 4-piece sectional mesh antennas, with quad leg feed supports and polar mount (uses 3.5 inch OD mast pipe). These have been sitting in original plastic wrap around each group of four quarter panels, with separate packaging for the quad legs, mount and hardware. Chances are the packages were shifted from one warehouse location to another at least once, because there are some cosmetic issues with a few scratches and chips in the original gray paint. This can be easily dealt with at the time of installation with a can of spray paint. You might want to consider using the existing paint job as a primer and touch up everything with a new outer coat of paint. Cost for these antennas, in as-is condition would be 499.00 each plus shipping. Freight will be calculated from their Florida location. If a group of friends live within 100 miles of each other or so, it might make sense to consider using a single motor freight shipment to a nearby commercial address to get the benefits of multiple antenna freight discount and no residential surcharge. Otherwise the cost per antenna for freight alone may trigger some sticker shock. Please remember that if you got a brand new antenna from a new production, the price will not be this cheap for a well-made 10-foot antenna. Maybe close for a Chinese one, but you don't know what you're getting. KTI made a middle-of-the-market sectional antenna that was quite acceptable; I am still using a 7.5 foot model that is rather beat up, and it has been doing great on NW Cable News and the remaining FTA Alaska channels on 137, so expect a dramatic improvement over an inexpensive six or eight foot import of unknown origins.

Scott G approved this message in advance; I checked with him earlier this afternoon. Anyone interested, please contact me at Global Communications. Weekdays by phone at 608-546-2523 or by EMail at globalcm@mhtc.net
There are a limited number of these available, so act quickly if you are seriously considering this. Thank you.

Awesome offer!!! Thanks!

Have 2 10' KTI`s here and they are very good performers.....Good deal for someone if they are looking to get a good dish from the past.
Thanks Mike.

Last edited:
A lot of you have expressed the desire to have a larger mesh antenna, preferably new.
Your response to this limited offer will also give me an indication as to what the true market is for mesh antennas.
I have just located a small warehouse supply of 10-foot KTI 4-piece sectional mesh antennas, with quad leg feed supports and polar mount (uses 3.5 inch OD mast pipe). These have been sitting in original plastic wrap around each group of four quarter panels, with separate packaging for the quad legs, mount and hardware. Chances are the packages were shifted from one warehouse location to another at least once, because there are some cosmetic issues with a few scratches and chips in the original gray paint. This can be easily dealt with at the time of installation with a can of spray paint. You might want to consider using the existing paint job as a primer and touch up everything with a new outer coat of paint. Cost for these antennas, in as-is condition would be 499.00 each plus shipping. Freight will be calculated from their Florida location. If a group of friends live within 100 miles of each other or so, it might make sense to consider using a single motor freight shipment to a nearby commercial address to get the benefits of multiple antenna freight discount and no residential surcharge. Otherwise the cost per antenna for freight alone may trigger some sticker shock. Please remember that if you got a brand new antenna from a new production, the price will not be this cheap for a well-made 10-foot antenna. Maybe close for a Chinese one, but you don't know what you're getting. KTI made a middle-of-the-market sectional antenna that was quite acceptable; I am still using a 7.5 foot model that is rather beat up, and it has been doing great on NW Cable News and the remaining FTA Alaska channels on 137, so expect a dramatic improvement over an inexpensive six or eight foot import of unknown origins.

Scott G approved this message in advance; I checked with him earlier this afternoon. Anyone interested, please contact me at Global Communications. Weekdays by phone at 608-546-2523 or by EMail at globalcm@mhtc.net
There are a limited number of these available, so act quickly if you are seriously considering this. Thank you.

Well, the quest is solved; now talk to us as salesman. Can I know the weight of the package; it's mount weight (steel) and sizes of steel used on mount, and the antenna petals construct and struts; are the petals all aluminum? KTI was popular in late 80's; the tool to press the struts, is it available? Are the mesh screwed on, or slid in and aluminum? Definitely worth having a few around, but it looks like during my vacation I'll need to be trucking. It is probably one i have bought before like in the 90's; just need to build the picture strong for 1-2k additionals!

Great deal! Sadly, I don't expect stock of these quality dishes made in the USA will last too long. Hopefully North American production of these types of dishes will be up and running once this forgotten KTI stock runs out.

If what Mike told me was correct, then its the model SI-10 which according to my search weighs in at 158 Lbs.

[SIZE=-1]C/KU mesh 68" dish. 4 section type. Operating frequency of 1.0-12.75 Ghz, F/D ratio of 0.38, prime focus quad feed support, 3.5" pole size, focal length of 46". Gain at 4.2 Ghz is 40.2dBi. Gain at 12.2 Ghz is 48.2dBi. This unit has a standard mount ring size of 8-point, 32". [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Approximate weight is 158lbs.

[/SIZE]
I am BEGGING my wife to let me get one, but we are tight on cash so got to see how much freight to Connecticut is. :D.

If what Mike told me was correct, then its the model SI-10 which according to my search weighs in at 158 Lbs.

[SIZE=-1]C/KU mesh 68" dish. 4 section type. Operating frequency of 1.0-12.75 Ghz, F/D ratio of 0.38, prime focus quad feed support, 3.5" pole size, focal length of 46". Gain at 4.2 Ghz is 40.2dBi. Gain at 12.2 Ghz is 48.2dBi. This unit has a standard mount ring size of 8-point, 32". [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Approximate weight is 158lbs.

[/SIZE]
I am BEGGING my wife to let me get one, but we are tight on cash so got to see how much freight to Connecticut is. :D.
Is this a typo? 68" is 5 ft. 8 inch not 10 ft.

DRCars

It might be the XTI-10 Then. :)

[SIZE=-1]Kaul-Tronics high performance rolled expanded C/KU mesh 120" dish. 4 section type. Operating frequency of 1.0-12.75 Ghz, F/D ratio of 0.38, prime focus quad feed support, 3.5" pole size(optional 4.5" pole), focal length of 46". Gain at 4.2 Ghz is 41.0dBi. Gain at 12.2 Ghz is 49dBi. This unit has a standard mount ring size 8-point, 32". Approximate weight is 190lbs.[/SIZE]

I believe these are the 10-foot model SI-10, but will not be able to absolutely confirm until the stock is transferred to a friend's storage facility later this week, or after the first of next week.

Good to hear Scott, you will finally have a descent dish. :)

About the worst time for me right now for this, money-wise. Just bought a bunch of stuff and a little low on funds right now. If some are left in a couple of weeks, I may be up for one. I've been wanting to get a decent C-band dish for my parents for some time now.

Do these come with an actuator, feed and LNB? Even without, it's no doubt a great deal.

It might be the XTI-10 Then. :)

[SIZE=-1]Kaul-Tronics high performance rolled expanded C/KU mesh 120" dish. 4 section type. Operating frequency of 1.0-12.75 Ghz, F/D ratio of 0.38, prime focus quad feed support, 3.5" pole size(optional 4.5" pole), focal length of 46". Gain at 4.2 Ghz is 41.0dBi. Gain at 12.2 Ghz is 49dBi. This unit has a standard mount ring size 8-point, 32". Approximate weight is 190lbs.[/SIZE]

That should be good; that is what I have, see my avatar.

Mike

I have a 10' Sami mesh, 10' channel master mesh, 7.5 kti. All work awesome. I would almost buy one of these to put away and keep.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts