Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RnR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Admittedly this is (kinda) being asked in jest...

But in my neck of the woods, GM stock was the ROCK of Gibraltar for most of my life, putting braces on my teeth and me and my two siblings through parochial school as well.

Now after the latest Wall St. carnage, I can hardly believe I actually have to ask myself what is the wiser and better buy:

10' of sch. 40 pipe for the 1.2m commerical dish laying in my yard
or 15 shares of GM stock?!

Personally, I think the pipe has the edge...

Last edited:
I'd go for the pipe.

Hopefully GM and a lot of other automakers will crash and burn for their lack of foresight in autos - not coming up with fuel efficient models ahead of being forced to some efficiency regulations by the government and placing a lot of their eggs in the SUV basket rather than seeing that would be a fad.

I'd go for the pipe.

Hopefully GM and a lot of other automakers will crash and burn for their lack of foresight in autos - not coming up with fuel efficient models ahead of being forced to some efficiency regulations by the government and placing a lot of their eggs in the SUV basket rather than seeing that would be a fad.

There are choices -- My wifes car gets 25 MPG - her motorhome gets 6 MPG. (My motorhome gets 12 to 16 MPG.) None of them built by GM! Her Chrysler is nice to drive but not much fun for a 5000 mile trip. The motorhomes are harder to drive and sometimes harder to park, but for sleeping and potty stops :D - and lunch and dinner breaks, hard to beat. :hungry:

But on the chooice of GM stock or pipe --- Pipe wins but can you not get 21 feet of pipe for the same money?;)

I'd go for the pipe.

Actually it's what they get for being in bed with big oil for all these years. Fuel effecient technology exists and would make a deep cut into big oil's ridiculous profit margin, but has been bought up and concealed. Not too surprizing that big oil has rolled 'em over and lubed them up.
Let's not forget the government's 'blind eye' role in all this. Now if they would fine big oil a few hundred billion and use that to prop up an economy they are primarily responsible for crippling, that might be a workable plan, not to mention poetic justice. Exploration costs? Poppycock, that's called the price of doing business.
Unless you need wallpaper for the outhouse, get the pipe.

Actually it's what they get for being in bed with big oil for all these years. Fuel effecient technology exists and would make a deep cut into big oil's ridiculous profit margin, but has been bought up and concealed. Not too surprizing that big oil has rolled 'em over and lubed them up.
Let's not forget the government's 'blind eye' role in all this. Now if they would fine big oil a few hundred billion and use that to prop up an economy they are primarily responsible for crippling, that might be a workable plan, not to mention poetic justice. Exploration costs? Poppycock, that's called the price of doing business.
Unless you need wallpaper for the outhouse, get the pipe.
YEAH!:D:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.