10 Voom Channels Gone, How Do You Feel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

10 Voom channels are gone, how do you feel?

• Happy - I did not care for Voom

Votes: 57 11.8%
  • No Biggie - I was not into Voom

Votes: 100 20.7%
  • No Biggie - They kept my channel

Votes: 73 15.1%
  • Disappointed but will stay where I am

Votes: 155 32.1%
  • Not Happy - I will downgrade my service

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Not Happy - I will leave at contract end

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Not Happy - If D* picks up Voom, I'm gone

Votes: 59 12.2%

• Total voters
Everyone has an opinion, but it would probably be better to start an actual poll for people to vote their feelings! I am not affected by this move......I never watched those channels.

I am not happy with the way they did it, they should have at least mentioned it on the Tech Chat since they knew it was going to happen, instead they took the chicken sh*t approach and decided not to say a word.

From where I sit though most of the VOOM channels were garbage, but they were only garbage because of the amount of repeats on them. They could have combined the networks and made 7 REALLY GOOD channels that had great variety. From where I sit only HDNews should be the only 24/7 channel since the mateiral is always updating.

In this day and age of the DVR they can air programming from all the channels and folks wont miss their favorite programs.

I am not happy with the way they did it, they should have at least mentioned it on the Tech Chat since they knew it was going to happen, instead they took the chicken sh*t approach and decided not to say a word.

From where I sit though most of the VOOM channels were garbage, but they were only garbage because of the amount of repeats on them. They could have combined the networks and made 7 REALLY GOOD channels that had great variety. From where I sit only HDNews should be the only 24/7 channel since the mateiral is always updating.

In this day and age of the DVR they can air programming from all the channels and folks wont miss their favorite programs.
I agree ,It never hurts to give notice, But we all know E* doesn't do that . This isn't anthing New. But IMO I think its the best thing that could happen. Its a good start, The repeats were a joke , PQ was great ,Content Sucked. I would give up the entire voom package to get 1 local HD channel. BYE BYE Voom.

Them adding these new 22 channels and them dropping 10 Vooms ,Made me upgrade my E* service and Equipment,and downgrade my D*. Thats all it took was 3 channels that D* doesn't have.And for $30 per month.

Losing Gameplay hurt...... Also, the salon where I get my haircut will be miffed... They had Ultra on in there all the time....

I agree ,It never hurts to give notice, But we all know E* doesn't do that . This isn't anthing New. But IMO I think its the best thing that could happen. Its a good start, The repeats were a joke , PQ was great ,Content Sucked. I would give up the entire voom package to get 1 local HD channel. BYE BYE Voom.
Says you... I hope Direct picks them up and gets the fiber optic problem solved...

Says you... I hope Direct picks them up and gets the fiber optic problem solved...

Ditto. If Dish actually card about being unique instead of cloning D*, they could actually have a good product.

Congrats Dish! You're now on the way to becoming D* 2.0 (but not quite)!

Yeap, losing Gameplay is hurting me too. I have to stay with Dish, my cable tv provider is worts and more expensive. Direct TV is not an option in Puerto Rico, because they offer here the DTV-PR version, an"improved" DTV-LA version with additional national channels, no HD obviously.

Outraged!

VOOM was the single biggest competitive advantage of Dish Network, IMHO. Dropping these channels was simply stupid!

WorldCinema (recently merged with FilmFest) was one of the best movie channels on Dish. Showing the greatest movies from the rest of the World.

Spanish live soccer in HD on WorldSportHD alone was worth the price of HD pack for me!

Ultra was my wife's most favorite channel: she watched it daily! She is so upset, she doesn't want to have Dish any more!

Not sure if it is fair or not but I stopped watching VOOMS last year when everything was a repeat of what I had watched the two years prior. It does me no good to watch something in HD if I've seen it three times already. Wife will miss a show here or there, but the measure of this move is what they DO with the space created. If they add more WFN HD then it was a loss, but if they keep adding quality channels that are creating NEW CONTENT then it is a win.

Filmfest and WorldCinema (later voom hd movies) are two that I am going to miss. They had one of the best selection of movies not aired any where (including hdnet movies or mgm or the premiums). I am going to miss these two the most. I do not know how Fu HD was kept and how FuHD was consider to be the most popular channel out of the three movie channels. To me it looked like they were put in a lottery type of form and some one grabbed the first five that came out of it.

Everyone had their own favorite. WorldSport was good for the Spanish Soccer. Where else could you watch that in HD!!! HDnews had the best 12 minutes around of HDnews that was actually in HD. I am pissed because I do not have them in one system. I still have them in CVC. But the way E* did this is absolutely bad. They should be embarrased to call themselves a satellite company looking to be compete at the same level as DirecTv.

It is embarrasing that we did not get enough warning about it and that they decided to apply the cowboy law. They are no different that the lawless cowboys in a cowboy movie.

Voom Movies was TERRIBLE.. it repeated 3 movies all day and did this for a couple days before repeating that process.. I will not miss it.. nor will I miss any of the voom channels.. I would appreciate it if they would compress the voom channels into 3-5 with far less repeats.. that would be best for voom then they could focus on getting at least 50-150 hours of new content per channel each month.. then it would be worth having them and paying the extra few bux..

DirecTV would be genious to pick up Voom. They have plenty of capacity, so it would not hurt them at all. Sure, the turd bird subs probablly dont care much about voom, but I think there would be alot of E* defectors over this issue. Not even because they watched it, but for the principal of the issue. One has what the other doesnt. This could really come back to haunt E* in the long run. Personally, I can't stant D*'s DVR, but I would have to really consider switching to them now. I stuck around here long enough waiting and waiting and waiting. Now we get some new content, and whammo they take 10 channels away. Nothing separates them now from anyone else. Why would I stay?

I don't think I've watched a voom channel in all the years I've had E*

With the additions yesterday I have to take another look at what HD and SD channels we are watching. Dropping from AT250 to HD only might be making sense again. Just seems there's always one or 2 channels in SD only... that someone in my family says we have to keep.

*shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)