$100 charge for second dish and locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

softwiz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 30, 2005
Should Dish charge you for the second dish to receive Voom if you have one or more local channels on 61.5 and you are getting the locals?

I talked to the csr about the second dish. What I was told was that one of the local channels for the Dallas area is on the 61.5 satellite so if I order the local channels I get the second dish for free. He said that if I didn't qualify for the local channels on 61.5 I would have to pay $100 for the second dish.

I have also read in this forum that if you tell Dish you want the future international channels you can get the second dish for free. So there may be ways for you to get the second dish for free.

How did you get it for free? I have called at least 10 times, tried everything and they will not waive the fee. It tried the international channel thing and they still wanted $100 for second dish. I even told them I have a dish 300 already installed at 61.5 and they said it would cost $100 to activate the VOOM channels.

I've had the same "fun" with the $100 fee. I may have found a way to get around it, but I won't know for for sure until it is installed. I called to order the "Voom special" and told them I shouldn't have to pay the $100 since I would need the 61.5 dish for my locals. He said I would get it for free for just the locals, but it would cost $100 if I ordered Voom now. So, I placed the order without Voom for now and will get the 2nd dish at no charge and the $19.99 for 3 months deal. After my install on Wednesday, I plan to add Voom for $5. Hope it all goes as planned. :D

discodol said:
How do you find out if your locals come from the 61.5 location? I am in Miami, FL?

Check here...

Doesn't look like any Miami locals come from 61.5. Some of mine do and they still wouldn't waive the $100 charge.

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/143

TYORK said:
that dish has always been free in this area softwiz

TYORK,

They are still jacking people around about the $100 dish if you want Voom for areas where the Dish 300 should be free (one or more locals on 61.5).

Have you heard why they are doing this????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts