1000.2 and 1000.4 Eastern Arc switch out LNB's

I know this thread is a few days old, but I'll share anyway. I've got a VIP722 on the western arc. Around the beginning of this year, I started having a similar problem with low signal strength. I tried adjusting the dish and checking all of the connections, but nothing made it better. I even ran a separate home distribution (tv2) cable so that I didn't have any diplexers on my main feed-- still no improvement. I finally had to have a tech come out, and he did all the same checks and verified that the dish was still peaked. It turned out to be the 722 receiver. He switched it out and immediately had a 30 point jump in signal strength. I haven't had any signal problems since then. Of course, I lost all of my recorded programming because I didn't have an external hard drive, but that's my fault for not realizing that it could be a receiver problem. If you've got a DVR, I highly recommend you move the stuff you care about to an external drive before a tech shows up.

Reactions: TheKrell
I tried the 2 head LNB for 61 & 72 back to back with the standard 3 head 61,72,77 on a 1000.4 dish in my driveway on a tripod. The signal strengths for either LNB were pretty close. I did not spend a lot of time peaking either setup but my signal strengths with the 3 head were the same as when it was peaked by a Dish installer.

Reactions: TheKrell

Anyone Else Having Audio Drop Outs ESPN Goal Line 403HD?

QPSK and 8PSK. Whats the difference?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)