1000.2 vs 1000.4 installation

Gaprofitt

Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Hi All,

Had a few questions for you experts. The dish guy came out yesterday and started to put up a 1000.4 dish on the eastern side of my house. He had a clear line of sight but couldn't pick up 61.5. He ended up suspecting a failed LNB but didn't have one in his truck. What he ended up doing is installing a 1000.2 dish on the western side of my house using 119, 129 etc. The picture is great and everything is working fine but i'm a little worried from reading some other posts. I understand the eastern arc is better, etc etc. What are the pro's and con's of staying on the western arc, are all the SD channels mpeg4 on the western arc? Any tips on whether I should make them redo it. The tech was here like 5 hours, very professional, etc. I don't want to be a jerk if the reception and quality is the same on the western arc and make them redo it. Also I seem to be getting my locals in HD, so would this be different on the eastern arc, I am in Atlanta.

Thanks,

Greg

If it's working ok why switch? No all the broadcasting on 110/119/129 is not in MPEG4 some is still MPEG2 for older receivers(sd) but eventually all will switch for better compression.

It depends on where you live.
For 1 PQ is the same Mpeg 2 SD mpeg 4 SD IMO
If you start to have problems contact E*
I don't think tou have to worry your getting the next new satellite anyhow. I guess!

Will EA receivers work on 110 & 119?

Tried to start a new thread about this but kept getting an error message. I've got my 222 with me on my way to winter home in AZ. Only have Dish500 out there so won't be able to get HD yet, but want to at least get SD programming.

Will EA receivers work on 110 & 119?

Tried to start a new thread about this but kept getting an error message. I've got my 222 with me on my way to winter home in AZ. Only have Dish500 out there so won't be able to get HD yet, but want to at least get SD programming.

Yes, if you were pointed to EA to start with, you should be able to switch to 110/119 no problem.

Eastern arch. signals are lower, cant really say better. but it is MPEG4. im hoping they will increase the transponder strengths at some point

Your hard drive recording space will increase with Eastern arc . That is why I want to go all eastern arc ,as soon as they get around to shipping me the smart cards.

Depending on your DMA, your locals may or may not be uplinked on EA only. That's the only thing that could matter at this point. As some have mentioned, EA is MPEG4 only, so you have longer recording times... but in time, 110/119/129 will be MPEG4 as well I'm certain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)