1000.4 dishnetwork antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnstanko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
considering purchasing a dishnetwork 1000.4 western arc antenna for an upgrade of my
system to hd. i have a vip222k hd receiver now. received last week. i have been told the
new 1000.4 antennas contains the switches for the receivers. is this true meaning i do not
have to purchase a dpp44 switch? i can wire directly to the receiver for two tv's and use another
output from the 1000.4 for an additional tv set. tnxs for any help.

That is correct. You can directly feed 3 duo receivers with a 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish/LNB assembly.

Its not the Dish, but rather the LNB they would discontinue.

The Dishstore is actually just stocking 1000.4 Dishes with both Eastern and Western Arc LNB's to help cut down on inventory.

Which lnb are they discontinuing? Eastern arc lnb ? IF so how will people in eastern arc dmas receive the sats?

I wish Dish would keep the 1000.4 dish over the 1000.2 I like the 1000.4 better for its fine tuning capabilities.

I am glad they are going back to the 1000.2, in my area anyway, it isn't hard to align a dish. It doesn't need to be that precise, like Wildblue or DTV HD dishes. We do a lot of DIUs and not being able to use the D500 mast would have been a pain, and it is bulkier for using on tripods w/RVs. That stupid elevation adjustment "bolt" would have just gotten in the way.

ok, let me get this straight! the western 1000.4 with it's 110,119, 129 feeds that i purchased will still be ok
to use. dishnetwork will just stop manufacturing and sending them out. what is the big difference between 1000.2 and 1000.4 western arc dishes/

ok, let me get this straight! the western 1000.4 with it's 110,119, 129 feeds that i purchased will still be ok
[
yes

dishnetwork will just stop manufacturing and sending them out.
corect

what is the big difference between 1000.2 and 1000.4 western arc dishes/
different mast size and the 1000.4 has a fine tune elevation adjuster.

ok, received and installed new dish western arc 1000.4 and vip222k receiver. works and receive signals on 110, 119 and 129 with good signal strength. my question is i want to use a wing dish for 61.5 and connect it to the input available on the
1000.4 antenna. does it have to be a special feed to work with the 1000.4? it will be mounted on an old original 18 inch
dish network dish. i used it before for 61.5 with its original 2001 year feed and it worked, but will not work for my new 1000.4 set up. any suggestions
tnxs for any info.

Aslong as its a dp dual or single or I think even legacy should work just point plug into lnb in run your check switch and it should pop in.

Thanks Matt!!!
I want to install a 1000.2 on an existing mast which is plumb. I have a tile roof so it`s not easy to install an additional mast.
I will be dropping Cox Cable and adding Dish Network as soon as the new Fox Sports San Diego is up and running. That will be the new network
for the San Diego Padres telecasts. I already have purchased a 211K receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)