1000.4 WA dish with 722. What's best way to align dish?

If the model listed for the dish (1000.4 WA) is correct, then the LNB would be DPP. It sounds like somebody hooked it up wrong, running two lines from the dish to the DP34 switch so it would pick up 110 and 119, leaving out 129. If the switch had been necessary (it wasn't, if there was only the one receiver hooked up) then there should have been three lines from the dish to the switch. Otherwise, it is best to leave the switch out of the mix.

You have a couple of options. First, if your system is not already grounded (or if it had been grounded through the switch) then you can replace the switch with a dual ground block and connect the ground wire to it. If you would prefer to run an all-new cable, then you would need to make sure it is RG6. You would still need a single ground block somewhere in the line between the dish and receiver, wherever you can easily ground it. At the back of the receiver, you would connect the one cable coming in to a separator, which has two short cables to connect to the inputs on the receiver. If you need a separator (looks like a splitter, but is designed to work with Dish DP signals to connect dual-tuner receivers such as yours) then I have a spare that I could send you.
Is it called a triplexer?

Is it called a triplexer?
It depends on how you are hooking it up. Either one (triplexer or separator) uses one cable coming in from the satellite dish. The separator has two short cables coming out of it, to connect to the Sat 1 and Sat 2 inputs on the back of the receiver. The triplexer also has those, plus an input port. That input port connects to the TV2 output port on the back of the receiver. This is used for feeding the TV2 output back through the same cable that is bringing the signal in from the dish. In that case, a diplexer is also required somewhere in that cable line, to split the combined signal and connect a cable to your second TV. Rather than a triplexer, I always prefer to simply use a separator, and run a separate cable directly from the TV2 output all the way to the second TV. I do have a spare one of both (triplexer and separator) if you would like me to send you one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts