1000 Dish - 129 Orbital - only getting a 57 reading in Chicago - help!

kosmo13

Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Hello,

I recently had the Dish Network installed this past friday, but am concerned about the pixelation I am getting with the signal. I am in the Chicago area (60647 Zip), and am getting the following readings when I select the "Point Dish" option:

129 - 52
119 - 73
110 - 56

I got the Dish (Switched from Comcast), so I could get more HD selection. HD is the reason I switched. Can someone provide the readings I should be getting? And, what does it take to improve them.

I have read about a 2-dish setup for this purpose, but obviously would like to avoid that, and do not want to incur any cost on my end. Does it take an experienced installer to stop by and adjust the dish?

Any help anyone could provide, would be much appreciated! I tried looking on other forums but was coming up empty.

Thanks!

Frustrated HD Dish customer

I hope I could help but I'm in Phoenix so my sig strength is probally different.

Your signal check switch screen sais that the signal has been modified, Dish toned down the sig strength. Here an average strength is 119=75% 110=75% 129=50% So to me that looks good. Pixelation can also be caused by a number of things including the uplink from the uplink center.

How often does this happen?, Is it only on the HD channels or any channel? Let me know for additional trouble shooting.

I notice it when it's in HD - especially when football is on - not all the green is coming in from the field. Blocks of unfilled green (yellow tint) are scattered. Mainly bottom half is the correct green, and top half is that yellow tint...

I'm in the Pacific Northwest and I have to use one dish for 110/119 and one for the 129 My readings are 55-65 for the 119/110 and 50-60 for the 129 and the tech told me that it doesn't get any better than that here until they shoot up a new bird..

I notice it when it's in HD - especially when football is on - not all the green is coming in from the field. Blocks of unfilled green (yellow tint) are scattered. Mainly bottom half is the correct green, and top half is that yellow tint...
Thats not pixelation, Thats you HD component cable...... Check the back of your TV and receiver, You will see a cable that has red/blue/green make sure they are connected to the correct color inputs or change the component cable all together. If you have HDMI then change the HDMI cable. If non of that works, Your TV might need a good look over........

I have the HDMI connection currently - I will switch to my other HDMI port to eliminate the port. Then switch to the component video connection to see if that clears it up.

The HDMI adapter dish network uses seems pretty clunky and not just a direct HDMI cable that would have been assumed to be used. I still have comcast running for the time being via the other component video cable and that works fine, so I'll be able to do a good comparison on picture.

I'll let you know of my findings tonight.

With the modified meter, here in NY, upper 70's is good on 110/119. I've actually peaked to about 84 on 119 on a perfectly clear, cloudless day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)