100cm Satellite dish and missing parts

ILoveSats

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2023
America
Hi Guys!

Wanted to ask if anyone ever recovered a 100cm dish and with missing parts? What can be done if the LNB arm is missing?

thanks

John

Hi Guys!

Wanted to ask if anyone ever recovered a 100cm dish and with missing parts? What can be done if the LNB arm is missing?

thanks

John

If you could post the make and model number of the dish perhaps someone here has it and can post pics and the arm measurements for you.

It's too bad you can't find this info on manufacturers website

Well, if you consider making a new LNB arm yourself, why don't you also consider to (accurately) measure the dish up (height, width, and depth at the center ~ for a flat-faced dish) and let a parabolic calculator program calculate the needed specs for you?
It's no rocket science.... :)

Greetz,
A33

Edit: I added a word, that I had forgotten to type....

It's too bad you can't find this info on manufacturers website let alone spare parts.

Here is some info I found regarding the Fortec Star 100cm dish from a 2003 capture of the old Sadoun website on the Wayback Machine. It lists the short & long axis diameters, offset angle, F/D ratio and the focus length. You may be able to 'guestimate' the lnb arm position from this if nobody else shares it. ;)

The bottom LNBF mounting arm is 24.75" long. The overall length of the side support arms is 30.5". The straight section between the bends of those arms is 28.5".

Attachments

• FortecStar_100cm.jpg
    FortecStar_100cm.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 87