1020a sticky thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

willie8605

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Oklahoma
I think there should be a sticky thread in here about the Twinhan1020a and maybe a few of the other really popular cards.

It would be nice to have one place to look for all the 1020a stuff without having multiple threads concerning the same thing.

It just seems like a very common topic brought up in this forum...

I would support such request in a more elaborate way. The STICKY Threads Subsection of a section like "Free to Air PC DVB Discussion" should contain some more generalized and popular topics like "PC Sat Card FAQ", "How to install / Setup / Use a PC Sat Tuner", "Selecting a Viewer package", , "Selecting a DVB-S2 Tuner", etc. It should be followed by a NORMAL Threads Subsection divided into 2 parts: the Upper Part would consist of expendable topics-subsections devoted to a particular receiver make like Twinhan, DVBWord, TeVii, etc., and to select Viewer packages like DVBDream, ProgDVB, My Theather, etc., with a separate subsection for Linux applications. When you expend a select topic, several model subtopics may be listed under it, and each such subtopic would expend to a series of Thread relevant to that particular tuner model. The LOWER Part of NORMAL Subsection would house threads related to general subjects common for all PC Card models, such as LNB control, Dual Card operation, Win 7 WMC and sat cards, etc. So, the "Free to Air PC DVB Discussion" section would be organized like this:

A. Sticky Threads
B. Expandable Threads
------Card model
------------Card model threads
------Viewer Package
------------Viewer package threads
C. Common PC DVB threads

Same structure would work well for "FTA/MPEG2 Equipment Reviews" section. For example, it should contain AZBox expandable subsection, which would have a sticky Review and FAQ threads, and a series of normal threads sharing experience on various aspects of using AZBox STBs brand. Now such threads are plentiful in Normal Threads section of "Free To Air (FTA) Discussion", and its hard to find scattered info about this very popular at the moment STB. I'd like to hear from the site organizers on this "restructuring" proposal. A lot of sat. sites are organized like that, even "bad" ones, making orientation in topics much easier. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)