103 Ku Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
are the east and west feeds spotbeamed to different locations on this bird? I get NBC East and Central rock solid, mountain and pacific are all over the place on my signal meter and pixels and lockups happen all the time. Pent. and S. of peer channels are rock solid. Thanks.

103W KU Band has a weird skew. When it was launched the skew is 26 degrees OPPOSITE what it should be.

The LNB skew is about the same for me at leats on 103W as if I was aiming at 74W.

Check thelist at the top and see what the skew is...here is an example of the different skew for me in Minneapolis

101.0°W AMC 2.4 C/Ku
36.0° elevation
189.0° azimuth
6.9°L skew

103.0°W AMC 1 Ku (Skewed)
35.7° elevation
191.7° azimuth
-17.3°R skew

105.0°W AMC 15.18 Ku
35.4° elevation
194.4° azimuth
10.6°L skew

If your dish is mounted on a motor, 103W is really tough to get, especially if you're after the S2 channels. Due to the skew issue, it is a good idea to use a fixed dish on this satellite.

can't get it on my fixed dish. I get pentagon with perfect solid lock with great signal strength, but NBC's signal won't lock no matter where I move the skew. I'm using a 10' mesh dish with a mover and a 3' ku solid stationary located at 63W right now for pbs that I don't even watch. I would like to get the stationary locked on 103, but no luck signal is all over the place on H skew.

If your dish is mounted on a motor, 103W is really tough to get, especially if you're after the S2 channels. Due to the skew issue, it is a good idea to use a fixed dish on this satellite.

Just run a seprate linear LNB for 103 with the skew adjusted appropriately. On my 1.2M dish I have 3 lnb's with a saved motor position for 103 on the third lnb. That way a dedicated lnb can be skewed for this satellite and it won't effect the reception on the others.

I've had this sat for a long time with my motorized dish....never had a problem.

you may get some of the channels but I bet all the NBC news feeds dont show up

vertical side seems to compensate for the oddball skew just fine. Horizontal...not so much

Just run a seprate linear LNB for 103 with the skew adjusted appropriately. On my 1.2M dish I have 3 lnb's with a saved motor position for 103 on the third lnb. That way a dedicated lnb can be skewed for this satellite and it won't effect the reception on the others.

This is a good alternative to a fixed dish if space is an issue. The fact that there are many desirable DVB-S2 channels, which are often touchy in ideal circumstances, complicates matters with this satellite. I will be erecting a 1.2 meter Prodelin fixed on 103W before the 2012 Summer Olympics.

If nothing blows up, AMC1 will be replaced by SES3 before then. Hopefully they don't change the antenna alignment on SES3 to match the broken one, but I haven't heard anything about it either way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts