107w c band or 111w c band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
What would be the better one for mini bud 107w or 111w c band just weighing my options? Using a side car attachment.

I don't have a mini bud myself so not speaking from personal experience but just from the number of channels available on either sat I would try 107.3W (Anik F1R).

When I was using my 1 meter dish as a motorized minibud, I could pick up City TV on 111W with ease. I rarely pulled much in on 107W. If I remember correctly, I occasionally pulled in the legislative channels and that is about it.

When I was playing with my 90cm dish, I could get CityTV on 111 but couldn't get anything on 107.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

For folks who are wondering "Why bother?"

CityTV this season will air 1-2 NFL games per Sunday and roughly 50 NHL games. Along w/ the most popular Network shows.

CityTv is owned by Rogers who has the broadcast rights for hockey, so yep should be a few on there. Durning the day it should still be SCN, the provinces old education channel.

This thread should probably be in the WUT ......

I was just seeing if one of those two would be good to watch? Also we need something on sat guys that give out abbreviations what things mean.

I doubt anyone is getting CTV on 107 from a minibud. I don't get a blip of it and haven't seen it on anyone's minibud channel list.
I would be hard pressed to leave a minibud on any particular sat. Motorized is the way to go, if you can.

I doubt anyone is getting CTV on 107 from a minibud. I don't get a blip of it and haven't seen it on anyone's minibud channel list.

If that CTV 2 non S2 signal is still there it may come in on a 1.2m. I would be interested to hear about any results with a Titanium C1PLL lnb.

CTV2 Halifax is a different story. It scans in as ASN/TV Guide. It is not part of the CTV mux and comes in well on my minibud with a Titanium C1PLL in any weather.

Status
Please reply by conversation.