1080p?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
saw this, but the link goes to the 4k page, anyone know anything?

edit: ling https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/glob...0008&CMP=KNC-PG-MSN2&HBX_PK=e_HDNet&HBX_OU=52

1628622188295.png

my thoughts too, then i see a reddit post claiming ESPN , NFL network and HBO come in 1080p

Reactions: dtv757
I think it's talking more about thier 4k channels than anything new in 1080p.
As mentioned, the link goes to the 4k page ...

(or is this their way of saying that thier 4k is actually 1080p ? ) :(

The dates at the bottom are 2021, so it was put together in pieces.
I'm a web designer. The top and bottom of the pages (header and footer) are independent and the dates for copyright are scripted to change to the current year. That page is ancient. If you look at the fine print there's a copyright for Showtime of 2007. There is nothing new on that page and it's likely to be an orphan that nobody has gotten around to updating or removing.

Think about it...why would anyone in this 4K day and age brag about 1080p?

I'm a web designer. The top and bottom of the pages (header and footer) are independent and the dates for copyright are scripted to change to the current year. That page is ancient. If you look at the fine print there's a copyright for Showtime of 2007. There is nothing new on that page and it's likely to be an orphan that nobody has gotten around to updating or removing.

Think about it...why would anyone in this 4K day and age brag about 1080p?
To answer your question, there are people here that don't believe that anything is being shown in 4k yet.

My question is "why are we going round and round about this "
I really don't care that the web page gave false info ... my point was if there is an item that says 2021 on it, you would think it would be accurate, however, this is the internet where nothing is anymore anyways.

REMINDER: (WE now Have 2 Directv Services as well as owners) All AT&T Accounts are now Directv Streaming --meaning if your streaming it's possible that 1080p is provided as it with the Directy legacy accounts (as those) accounts from the receiver so 1080P* VOD downloads and 1080p purchase.

Just a thought

REMINDER: (WE now Have 2 Directv Services as well as owners) All AT&T Accounts are now Directv Streaming --meaning if your streaming it's possible that 1080p is provided as it with the Directy legacy accounts (as those) accounts from the receiver so 1080P* VOD downloads and 1080p purchase.

Just a thought
Not a good thought

To answer your question, there are people here that don't believe that anything is being shown in 4k yet.

My question is "why are we going round and round about this "
I really don't care that the web page gave false info ... my point was if there is an item that says 2021 on it, you would think it would be accurate, however, this is the internet where nothing is anymore anyways.
Again, if you understood how websites, especially ones as large as Directv's, you'd know why. I tried explaining it but you don't seem to care. So, here's my last word on this.

It's an orphaned page from 2007 or so and hasn't been updated since. The copyright date is completely irrelevant. It changes every year at 12:00:01 AM every January 1 automatically.

tl;dr: That page is ancient. Someone should delete it.

Reactions: comp9
Again, if you understood how websites, especially ones as large as Directv's, you'd know why. I tried explaining it but you don't seem to care. So, here's my last word on this.

It's an orphaned page from 2007 or so and hasn't been updated since. The copyright date is completely irrelevant. It changes every year at 12:00:01 AM every January 1 automatically.

tl;dr: That page is ancient. Someone should delete it.
Agreed ....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)