11/11/2009 Uplink Report

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
UPLINK ESPNU-HD!!!!!!!!ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

They are going to wait till after football season to add ESPN-U-HD.The way things are looking .Yea we can have channels like CMT-HD that shows movies now like TOP GUN last night.It wasnt even in hd to.Whats up with a so called music channel showing movies.They need to change their name.It makes no sense.Come on Dish give us ESPN-U HD:D:D:D:D

Yea we can have channels like CMT-HD that shows movies now like TOP GUN last night.It wasnt even in hd to.Whats up with a so called music channel showing movies.They need to change their name.
I'm sure that doesn't have anything to do with Viacom.:rolleyes:

I've noticed for awhile now that most of the Viacom channels have been changing the type of programming they used to show.

I'm sure that doesn't have anything to do with Viacom.:rolleyes:

I've noticed for awhile now that most of the Viacom channels have been changing the type of programming they used to show.

Oh i didnt say it had anything to do with Viacom.I meant that some of the hd channels that we currently get are pretty much garbage.They show very little hd content.Example being CENTRIC....

Why was it on the uplink, as being uplinked. What did it change channel or something?

Just relax. Stuff changes package flags all the time. It's been there forever, and if you were supposed to be getting it, you probably would be.

Every once in a while, DISH blows it and a bunch of people won't get something that was supposed to be turned on. You'll hear about it...don't worry.

Why was it on the uplink, as being uplinked. What did it change channel or something?

The uplink report is a report of changes of the uplink, not as in what is uplinked. If you want to know what is uplinked check TheList link in my signature for everything that is uplinked.

They shifted the channel package designation for that channel. Most of the time you see this on channels going in and out of free preview.

The uplink report is a report of changes of the uplink, not as in what is uplinked. If you want to know what is uplinked check TheList link in my signature for everything that is uplinked.

They shifted the channel package designation for that channel. Most of the time you see this on channels going in and out of free preview.

ok, Thanks for the explanation. I am new to this whole Dish Network thing, but I now understand it better.

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited:
Note there was a problem with the Uplink PC and thus the delay in the uplink report.

Sorry for the delay...

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 11/11/2009 5:42pm - 32 changes
Uplink Comparison Range: 11/11/2009 11:00A - 11/11/2009 05:30P
597 - RCORD [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 18 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)

I have a question about the above. Until 11/11, 597, Record TV, was on preview mode and I was able to watch it. After this uplink, I can no longer watch it, which I was expecting if it was a one-week preview. But what I wasn't expecting is that ever since, I cannot "see" channel 597 not even when I select "All Channels" in the Guide Menu - does that mean that, for whatever reason, my satellite dishes that point to 61.5W can't "see" this ConUS?