11 meter Cband satellite antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What are you trying to get all the way up there a certain satellite. Try satbeams.com give you an idea on spot beams for satellites.

What are you trying to get all the way up there a certain satellite. Try satbeams.com give you an idea on spot beams for satellites.
1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

So check out the IPTV section he posted over there saying he needed a dish for Dish Network.

The guy starting this post shows he lives in Alaska, correct me if im wrong but isnt there no restriction on dish size there? Im assuming that is because they need as much dish as possible to capture usable signal regardless of band. I dont think a pizza pan dish will do him any good in any meaningful way at least. But to answer his question "most" c-band dishes will receive ku band. Cant speak to how well it works in Alaska though. But better make sure all your components are beefy to survive the extreme conditions in Alaska.

Most important is to get the smallest and most efficient solid antenna that you can.
A number of large mesh antennas were installed in the 1980s in Alaska (I was there) that were never designed for Ku-band in the first place. Given the frequent hurricane force winds in the Aleutian Islands, smaller is better as long as it is sufficient. The larger diameter you use, the more force is exerted on the antenna, making it even more unstable. Also remember that larger diameter = narrower beamwidth, and Ku-band has about 1/3 the size of a focal hot spot as does C-band. At some point on the largest antennas, trying to pinpoint the focal point and place a feedhorn is not unlike finding a needle in a haystack.

I knew there were some mesh dishes that wouldnt work with ku because of mesh size. I also know it can be pretty brutal weather wise in Alaska. WInd, ice, snow, more wind with snow, cold (like oh, look my arm has snapped off and shattered on the floor). I know my 10' mesh was rocking pretty good yesterday in the 65+ mph wind we were having yesterday when a cold front came thru. I can only imagine how it would be in Alaska. I also know my older actuator dont like the cold either.

The guy starting this post shows he lives in Alaska, correct me if im wrong but isnt there no restriction on dish size there? Im assuming that is because they need as much dish as possible to capture usable signal regardless of band. I dont think a pizza pan dish will do him any good in any meaningful way at least. But to answer his question "most" c-band dishes will receive ku band. Cant speak to how well it works in Alaska though. But better make sure all your components are beefy to survive the extreme conditions in Alaska.
You are correct, we need as much of a dish as possible to get very good signal,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)