110 but no 119

kbar47

Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
I'm new to this so be kind....

I have a dish that I want to take on the road in my RV. It is a legacy twin LNB dish feeding into an sw21 switch. I want to use one of my 311 receivers from the house. When I point the dish I get signal on 110 but I can never find 119. After reading various posts I covered the 119 LNB with my hand and lost the signal, so I was picking up 110 on the 119 LNB. No matter how much aiming I did I could never find the 119. My skew and elevation numbers are right on the money for my zip code, and I am manually rotating the dish to get the azimuth. I am wondering if I need to get a Dishpro twin LNB to go with the Dishpro 311 receiver, or should the existing combination (legacy twin dish, sw 21, DP311 receiver) work? Is there a specific way the twin LNB needs to be connected to the sw 21, in other words which LNB goes to the satellite 1 connector and which goes to satellite 2?

Any help greatly appreciated....

With a Twin LNB, legacy or Dish Pro you only need one cable. The switch is built-in the LNB. What LNB were you using with the 311 before you tried it with the SW21? I would run check switch first so the receiver recognizes the equipment you're now using and then try to aim.

Just cover the 110 eye with your hand or aluminum foil, and aim for 119 TP11. Run check switch again and 110 should fall into place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)