110 problems

For this Frostwolf I think you should get another star. Everytime I type your name I want to type Frostbite. Just kidding ha ha

Frostwolf said:
If you're having problems with 110, I've been asked by the Tech Ops Team to get eveybody to post some information for them, if you don't mind:

Post answers for questions 5-8 for each additional reciever affected and list the model causing the issue.

0. Model number? 508

1. What kind of dish equipment is installed (models, lnbs, switches, etc)? Dish1000 plus separate Dish500 looking at 61.5; all DPP or DP LNBs going through a DPP44

2. When was the problem first noticed? After reading this thread over the weekend, I went and did a system check on my 508 and duplicated the problem

3. Has the problem gotten worse since you first noticed it?Problem remains unchanged

4. Have you been able to correct it, if so how? If you go to the Point Dish screen and check 110 tp strengths, it takes on average 30 seconds for the "wrong sat" to change to "Locked--110"; When you exit out of the Point Dish screen with the last satellite displayed being 110, the system will lock trying to acquire satellite. However, if you then menu back to the Point Dish screen and change the displayed satellite to any other than 110 (e.g., 61.5 with active transponder) and then cancel out, the receiver will return to your channels without any problem

5. What hardware ID is on the receiver? DCKD-N

6. What bootstrap is on the receiver? 22AB

7. What software version is on the receiver? P308

8. Signal strengths of a few conus transponders (not a spotbeam), 110 and 119.
(Coming off a Dish 1000) 110:
1 - 99
2 - 71
3 - 70
5 - 82
6 - 89
8 - 88
9 - 83
10 - 71
11 - 84
14 - 88
15 - 82
16 - 87
19 - 87
21 - 83
22 - 99
24 - 87
26 - 56

119:

2 - 75
4 - 83
6 - 88
8 - 94
10 - 92
11 - 105
12 - 92
14 - 89
15 - 100
16 - 95
17 - 98
18 - 95
19 - 100
20 - 92
21 - 101

Additional Info: The problem appears to be that it takes too long for the receiver to identify 110 satellite. If you are on the Point Dish screen with 110 selected, the signal strength will show up almost immediately. However, for up to one minute, it will only identify the satellite as "Wrong Satellite". So when you do a menu-menu system check, at step 8 it apparently times out and assigns the 110 satellite a red block with yellow x through it.

My other two receivers (Vip211 and 625) do not experience this problem.

Not many customers have called in the problem, because they will never know there even is a problem if they just watch their channels and do not do a system check or point dish.

Hope this input helps to identify the source of the problem. Let us know if you need more info.

Last edited:
I don't know about these stars, I just want my 508 to work right again.

And I just fired off an email to a couple of random dishnetwork address after tech support made me upset with them.

The Tech told me, that because of my email, they are now investigating the problem, but said only 11 similiar reports had come in to dish tech support.

But they need the info to narrow down the problem.

He did say what he thought might be the problem was, but asked me not to say anything.

Also I asked him why dish doesn't run a forum or support these forums more. He did say they checked them about once a week, but would be watching this thread for a few days.

He said that dish has bounced the idea around a few times, but no go.

Maybe we can show them that we the customers would like to see some support that way.

I submit the first vote for dish to support this forum or start there own.

James, never frostbitten :)

As I said in my reply above, "normal" customers who just watch their TVs will never know there is a problem, because they can continue to what without ever becoming aware of the problem. So, of course, they will not be reporting a problem.

Knowing this to be the case, I called Advanced Tech Support just so it would be documented.

Thanks rdinkel, here is how to get the bootstrap and hardware ID

To get some of the info Hit Menu button twice, the first screen shows the software version.
Then hit select NEXT twice from there and you get a screen with the hardware ID and bootstrap numbers.

Last edited:
Frank Jr. said:
For this Frostwolf I think you should get another star. Everytime I type your name I want to type Frostbite. Just kidding ha ha

You can call me Frosty then. Or Klatch. Just names I use for my video gaming. Speaking of video games, ya'll come join me in Planetside. Its free upto next March 2007. Of course your limited in rank.

www.planetside.com <shameless plug>:D

WARNING HAS BEEN KNOWN TO CAUSE MARITAL DISTRESS AND DIVORCE!

Frostwolf said:
Thanks rdinkel, here is how to get the bootstrap and hardware ID

To get some of the info Hit Menu button twice, the first screen shows the software version.
Then hit select NEXT twice from there and you get a screen with the hardware ID and bootstrap numbers.

Thanks. Found the numbers. Inserted them in reply, above.

I think my computer is dying here. I don't know could be the user. Anyway I'm sure Dish has a few 5XX models lying around that they could test with.

Last edited:
Could be my imagination but seems that when looking at the signal strength screen on 110 the transponders are locking a little sooner. Still not the way it should be but maybe an improvement.

Last edited:
Ok guys, weve got three responses for dish, where is every one else? I don't know how much longer dish is watching this thread.

Most people are just users and don't know or care until it slaps them in the face. If Dish wants to get things right with the 5xx models and I assume they do at least you and I will help.

Hell most of the people here are too wrapped up with the issues of high def to concern themselves with these isssues, however HD is not what keeps Dish and Satguys afloat.

Last edited:
Having the same problem as everyone else here

I am really short on time here, but I have a 510 with the same problem. I have p3.08, and all of my locals have switched over to 110. My 510 is not able to lock on to the signal. I have the dish everything pack and I am not having any problems with any of the other signals. I live in NC if that makes a difference.
I will fill out the questionaire when I have more time.
Thanks to all of you fighting for this.
Sincerely,
BBear
Thanks one more time. Good work. I thought I had a broken 510.

Well I found out that my apartment douche's moved my dish when they replaced what it was mounted on. They didn't put it back in the right spot so i've got to repeak it...Nice of them to let me know that they were touching it and then trying to hide it by putting it back sort of in the same spot...idiots...

I think that's my problem with 119, I don't think it's the 3.08 in my case though it worked so much better with 3.04...

Yesterday I was having issues with a 721 and 522 at the very same time with tuning in channels with a Dish1000 with DPP lnbf and seperators. I also have a Dish 500 in which I use a DP-34 to connect it up along with a feed from the 129 lnbf off of the Dish1000. No signal would tune in on the receivers connected to the seperators. I thought that was very odd. Even the locals were out on 129. The other 522 that I have hooked up to the Dish500 and DP-34 switch was working just fine including the locals from 129. I cascade a DP-34 switch to the first one I have and take the seperators off and hook the 721 a nd 522 to the cascaded DP-34 switch and everything works just fine again.

I also notice a seperate dish that i have (Dish 500 and Dish 300) connected to a DP-34 switch does not tune in 129 any longer on a 311 receiver. Got to figure that one out too. I am not sure if that is related to the issues i was having with the other receivers.

During this process I notice that 110 takes a while to lock in on the 522 receiver. I am now going to check the signal strength screen and see what results I have on my receivers.

BOTH 522's : Locked, Name Not Acquired for three seconds on both 522's from 110, 119, 129. I click view and the channel comes right back whether its a channel that is on 110 or 119.
Software version: L293
Boot Strap Version: 1416

721 does NOT do this. It locks right on.
Software version: L179
Boot Version: 10GB

Will someone just please push the raised glowing red button on their remote and see if they get into dish home interactive for me. please. on their 510.

Last edited:
Hey yall I've been a Cop for 27 years. 17 years ago I got shot in the back of the head. I'm doing the best I can. Sometimes I get alittle stupid(foggy). Far as I know my 510's are working fine. I just can't get Dish Home Interactive or Customer Service with the remote. That channel is on 110 transponder 8, I think. Signal is 124 and locked but when I try to get te interactive channel it comes up error aquiring signal. I just want to know if anyone else is getting it? Then I will know it is my boxes...... or not. Hope this helps understand my question.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)