113W Ku?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
I just noticed that i'm not able to get the BVN/Hwazan/Macrovision mux on 113W, and Reuter seems weaker than usual. I am also no longer getting the Esperanza/Hope channels.

Has anyone else noticed the same? Other nearby satellites are coming in fine (Tigo on 117W, NHK on 103W)

well, BVN is back, but the whole thing seems quite a bit weaker than it was a week ago. Strange...

Not picking them up at all on a 90cm, but it's cold out and everything has a thick coating of frost that might be messing things up at my end. Winter is coming!
:(

same thing today, getting a pixelated picture on Reuter and not even a lock on BVN. They were all good last week (not very strong but good enough to be stable outside of heavy rain/snow events. Now the sky is all clear and there was no frost.

Only thing i can think of is that we got very heavy rain on Sunday night, so was wondering if that messed up a coax. But then I would expect that the reception of other satellites would be also affected.

Eutelsat has satellites at 113W and 116.8W. (Also one around 115W, but it may be inclined, I don't remember anymore.) In Vermont, you may be either outside or on the fringe of the footprint for 113W. It has the Dutch channel that used to be on 101W and a full-time Reuters feed.

I just checked and I have no signal on BVN, and not enough signal to stay locked on Reuters (although that's normal for Reuters for me.)

I'm getting a solid lock on both of these (Reuters/BVN) in Central PA with a motorized 90cm Fortec Star/Titanium PLL-1KS and overcast skys.

this morning i was able to lock on both but not as strong as last week. But it's possible that my dish got a bit misaligned with the strong storm we had on Sunday evening. I'll check the alignment when I get a chance

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)