118.7°W Question(s) [Greek Internationals?]

And another curve ball for ya is that most FSS Ku band satellites are linear polarization but the one Dish uses at 118 is circular polarization. What that means is that normal FSS LNB's won't work for it and the Dish LNB for 118 is the only one that I know of that's FSS band and circularly polarized. That LNB will only work with a Dish 500+ or a Dish 1000+ so AFAIK kludging together a different solution would extremely difficult at best.

And another curve ball for ya is that most FSS Ku band satellites are linear polarization but the one Dish uses at 118 is circular polarization. What that means is that normal FSS LNB's won't work for it and the Dish LNB for 118 is the only one that I know of that's FSS band and circularly polarized. That LNB will only work with a Dish 500+ or a Dish 1000+ so AFAIK kludging together a different solution would extremely difficult at best.
I think Dish also made an adapter kit so a Super Dish 121 reflector could be used with the 118 LNB for internationals. However, if you do not already have a Super Dish, it is a lot easier to find a complete 1000+ dish than it would be to try to find and modify a Super Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)