119 As a Wing, Is that possible ?

CustM

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
I am trying to think out of the box here, (pun intended)

I have just upgraded an old Legacy dish system, 110, 119 and 61.5 to a DPP 2 dish with 110, 119 and 129. Running a DPP Twin with an DPP Duel. My main problem is the 129 duel is a very long run from my existing DPP twin, and the DPP 500 is fast getting a bad tree over growth. So the fast answer is to get them closer - higher and a good LOS.

It all sounds cool but after DX'ing my roof today I found one sweet spot that will lock 110 and 129, assuming I use a 1000.2 to do that. I fully understand this is the hardest way to lock the two hardest birds but I can not get a lock on 119 and 110 on any comination of a 500, it stinks buts it's a tree problem here.

I know I can use a DPP44 to make a 3 dish a sytem work - just don't want to go that way.

So. is it possible to use a 1000.2 to lock 110 and 129while covering the 119 LNB and adding 119 to the 1000.2 as a stand alone 24" dish ?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

CustM

So. is it possible to use a 1000.2 to lock 110 and 129while covering the 119 LNB and adding 119 to the 1000.2 as a stand alone 24" dish ?
Yes, it is possible. Many have done the same thing with 129, preferring a stand alone for it do to a low signal.

If your that troubled by location issues why not just use 3 24" dishes and a DP34 to combine the dishes?

I will be using a VIP 222 & may be getting a 722 in the future.
So I want to have 2 DPP feeds that can run two DPP duel tuners if I have to go through all the work and expense of adding a 1000.2. All will have to be roof mounted and on the front of the house so I would prefer a 2 dish install over a 3 for looks, but will do what I have to.

If I remember right you can't use DPP technology for duel receivers with a switch 34.

Is that correct?

I will be using a VIP 222 & may be getting a 722 in the future.
So I want to have 2 DPP feeds that can run two DPP duel tuners if I have to go through all the work and expense of adding a 1000.2. All will have to be roof mounted and on the front of the house so I would prefer a 2 dish install over a 3 for looks, but will do what I have to.

If I remember right you can't use DPP technology for duel receivers with a switch 34.

Is that correct?

if you connect a "DPP" box such as the 722 reciever to a "DP" switch, such as the DP34, you have to run 2 lines from the switch to each dual tuner.

You could use a DPP44 instead of a DP34 it is just more expensive but if you want single cables to dual tuner receivers you do need DPP technology.

we had a tech that in order to get the job done did a 3 dish solution at various parts of the prop. then had all 3 sats go into dpp33 switch.

call around to some subs in your area and see if u can pick up a dpp33 switch. they are about 1/2 the cost of a 44 and u dont need the power inserter.

I actually have 119 and 129 on a DISH 500, and 110 on an old 18". Not an ideal situation, but I'm so surrounded by trees, it's the only way I could get the 110 signal up without drilling a third set of holes. I must be the only person in the nation that has more trouble with 110 than 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)