119 As a Wing, Is that possible ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CustM

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
I am trying to think out of the box here, (pun intended)

I have just upgraded an old Legacy dish system, 110, 119 and 61.5 to a DPP 2 dish with 110, 119 and 129. Running a DPP Twin with an DPP Duel. My main problem is the 129 duel is a very long run from my existing DPP twin, and the DPP 500 is fast getting a bad tree over growth. So the fast answer is to get them closer - higher and a good LOS.

It all sounds cool but after DX'ing my roof today I found one sweet spot that will lock 110 and 129, assuming I use a 1000.2 to do that. I fully understand this is the hardest way to lock the two hardest birds but I can not get a lock on 119 and 110 on any comination of a 500, it stinks buts it's a tree problem here.

I know I can use a DPP44 to make a 3 dish a sytem work - just don't want to go that way.

So. is it possible to use a 1000.2 to lock 110 and 129while covering the 119 LNB and adding 119 to the 1000.2 as a stand alone 24" dish ?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

CustM

So. is it possible to use a 1000.2 to lock 110 and 129while covering the 119 LNB and adding 119 to the 1000.2 as a stand alone 24" dish ?
Yes, it is possible. Many have done the same thing with 129, preferring a stand alone for it do to a low signal.

If your that troubled by location issues why not just use 3 24" dishes and a DP34 to combine the dishes?

I will be using a VIP 222 & may be getting a 722 in the future.
So I want to have 2 DPP feeds that can run two DPP duel tuners if I have to go through all the work and expense of adding a 1000.2. All will have to be roof mounted and on the front of the house so I would prefer a 2 dish install over a 3 for looks, but will do what I have to.

If I remember right you can't use DPP technology for duel receivers with a switch 34.

Is that correct?

I will be using a VIP 222 & may be getting a 722 in the future.
So I want to have 2 DPP feeds that can run two DPP duel tuners if I have to go through all the work and expense of adding a 1000.2. All will have to be roof mounted and on the front of the house so I would prefer a 2 dish install over a 3 for looks, but will do what I have to.

If I remember right you can't use DPP technology for duel receivers with a switch 34.

Is that correct?

if you connect a "DPP" box such as the 722 reciever to a "DP" switch, such as the DP34, you have to run 2 lines from the switch to each dual tuner.

You could use a DPP44 instead of a DP34 it is just more expensive but if you want single cables to dual tuner receivers you do need DPP technology.

we had a tech that in order to get the job done did a 3 dish solution at various parts of the prop. then had all 3 sats go into dpp33 switch.

call around to some subs in your area and see if u can pick up a dpp33 switch. they are about 1/2 the cost of a 44 and u dont need the power inserter.

I actually have 119 and 129 on a DISH 500, and 110 on an old 18". Not an ideal situation, but I'm so surrounded by trees, it's the only way I could get the 110 signal up without drilling a third set of holes. I must be the only person in the nation that has more trouble with 110 than 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts