$12 Sports pack..Is it worth it??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chrisd_az

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
Chickasha, OK
Just switched from Dishnetwork an when I ordered D i didnt see the option to get the sports pack... do they offer it an is it worth it? I live in oklahoma city..thank u what will I get with it i have the choice ult.. Thanks chris

Just switched from Dishnetwork an when I ordered D i didnt see the option to get the sports pack... do they offer it an is it worth it? I live in oklahoma city..thank u what will I get with it i have the choice ult.. Thanks chris

Get it its worth it. I have dish as well. You will be very happy with Direc. Did they give you the HR24 dvrs? They are right up there with the vip 722 dish recievers.

You will love them!

Also, they are offering specials on the sports packs.
Call them up and take advantage of them.

They will give you a deal..6 months??? Possibly half off? maybe more.
I know they hooked me up with the sports pack.

Welcome aboard!

Enjoy

It depends on what you expect. As long as you know that you will not receive any of the professional sports (MLB, NBA, etc) broadcasts on the regional sports networks because they all require additional package subscriptions, then the decision is yours.

Personally, the only time I think it might be worth it is during college football and basketball seasons if your a fan of either- you'll get many games you wouldn't see otherwise. If you are a fan of college sports or like to follow out-of-market teams, then the sports pack is for you. If you're trying to watch a professional team in a different market, you'll be disappointed.

Just my 2 cents.

If you're a college sports fan the sports pack is a great deal. You'll get a chance to see a lot more NCAA games during the fall. You won't be able to see any pro sports w/out having the package to match up to the sport (EI, LP, CI). With sports pack you'll also be able to see ESPN Classic if that matters to you.

For college sports worth it, plus if you like to see local shows for the teams like talk shows and such

I agree....get it for the college sports

IN **Most** cases pro sports outside of the local area will be blacked out. In some areas adding the sports pack does give you an extra teams games

Are only the live games blacked out and reserved for packages so that you could watch a Red Sox game on a NESN replay at 3AM ?

Unless you can't live without Outdoor, Fox Soccor ,or Gol TV,
Save your $13 per month and put it toward Seaonal sports pack.
Like NHL, NBA ,MLB, Soccer, Even NFL ST.
Only my Opinion though.

Ok thank u all i might get it if i can get a deal on it should i call?? I want fsnaz to watch college football basketball am baseball.. I need to wait for the install the wont be here till july 12.. an i hope i do get the new hr24 well 2 of them!!! an 2 reg sd's

Ok thank u all i might get it if i can get a deal on it should i call?? I want fsnaz to watch college football basketball am baseball.. I need to wait for the install the wont be here till july 12.. an i hope i do get the new hr24 well 2 of them!!! an 2 reg sd's

Go give them a call..cant hurt.

They want you as a sub..Im sure they will hook you up with a discount.

You will be pleasantly suprised. Direcs customer service has become top notch again!

Im sure they will make you happy.

Keep us posted.

Are only the live games blacked out and reserved for packages so that you could watch a Red Sox game on a NESN replay at 3AM ?

This is something I don't understand. I had the sports pack with Premiere and understood why replays were blacked out, but now I have MLB Extra Innings and I get every live game, but replays are still blacked out. What is the deal with that? I don't watch replays, but it makes very little sense.

I just switched from DISH too. I got the sports pack free for a year along with all the movie channels. Call them and see what they can do for you.
It's well worth it for the college sports. Not much of those are blacked out. If you live out of the area of your favorite team it's worth it too. You can see the coaches shows and other specials that you couldn't get otherwise. If you just like the pros only though it wouldn't be worth it as all the games are blacked out except your local team.

Status
Please reply by conversation.