120cm dish with C-Band performance - Now with HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
maddawg said:
Ice, my challenge right now is finding a 120cm dish in Canada. Going to try and contact Fortec again for a status.

Hey, drive down here and pick a few to sell in Canada... :D We are only 4 hours from the border crossing at Windsor... ;)

Cascade,

I bought the very same C-Band LNBF and will be trying it out on my 1.2m Channel Master dish shortly. Yesterday, I saw the Twinhan VisionPlus VP1020 FTA card for $69 including the remote control. I may just get one now to experiment with.

OK... It's getting hard to resist. I may just have to take that drive to Melbourne after all! C-Band on a Channel Master 1.2... That makes my mouth water!

Tron

Lots :)
I found that C-Band is a lot more forgiving than Ku and wasn't as picky as to where I aimed.
My visible arc is from Telstar7 up to Telstar5, I hit each and every C-Band bird up there easily, Anik was definitely the strongest with the others giving me roughly between 30-60% signal depending on the transponder.

I had to take the C-band LNB off yesterday, I was missing TheTube, so until I get another positioner and mount for my Winegard I'll use the 120cm for Ku. After I get the positioner and make some decent brackets it'll become a permanent BUD, only not so big and not so ugly :)

As if a BUD was ever ugly.....

BTW, I bought my C-band LNB from PSB, it arrived 2 days after I ordered. If you're looking for something that works well I suggest you flood his inbox :)

Cascade,

Does that C-Band LNBF pickup both digital and analog signals? I believe it does. If so, are you only picking up digital right now? Did you try analog?

PopcornNMore, will do both dig and analogue, the tolerances for digital are supposed to be tighter and this LNB performed superbly with my DVB card so it'll work very well for analogue.
I have an analogue receiver on its way, it'll be here next week so I'll be able to test even more.

maddawg, I can't seem to find a Ku/C LNB for my offset dish anywhere, let me know if you find anything that may work, I'd love to try it out.

Cascade

Sadoun will be introducing a new "Prime Focus" C/KU band COMBO LNB. It is an integrated feedhorn, voltage controlled 13/18V C/KU band LNBF. We will be testing the LNBF soon before releasing it to the market. The LNBF will have two F outputs (one for KU and one for C-band). So you will have to use a 2-way DiSEqC switch.

I just thought to let the Satelliteguys members know in advance. :)

Sadoun said:
Cascade

Sadoun will be introducing a new "Prime Focus" C/KU band COMBO LNB. It is an integrated feedhorn, voltage controlled 13/18V C/KU band LNBF. We will be testing the LNBF soon before releasing it to the market. The LNBF will have two F outputs (one for KU and one for C-band). So you will have to use a 2-way DiSEqC switch.

I just thought to let the Satelliteguys members know in advance. :)

cool :)
Thanks for the heads up :D

Too bad those 4 footers are so much to ship :(

Iceberg said:

I'm almost tempted to drive out to Ohio, but the gas cost would probably be half the cost of shipping so it might not even be worth it. :)

vj9999 said:
I'm almost tempted to drive out to Ohio, but the gas cost would probably be half the cost of shipping so it might not even be worth it. :)

for me it would almost be as much :D

Iceberg said:

You welcome. Yes, I agree, the cost of shipping is expensive. Recently, we changed the packaging on the 120cm. I will check the FedEX rates and the total cost to see if we can benefit from any savings. BTW, we can fit 2x 120CM dishes in one box and the shipping price, I believe, is about the same as shiping one. So, if two members live near by and each want to get a FC120, maybe the best way is to consolidate their orders and then split the shipping cost.

Sadoun said:
You welcome. Yes, I agree, the cost of shipping is expensive. Recently, we changed the packaging on the 120cm. I will check the FedEX rates and the total cost to see if we can benefit from any savings. BTW, we can fit 2x 120CM dishes in one box and the shipping price, I believe, is about the same as shiping one. So, if two members live near by and each want to get a FC120, maybe the best way is to consolidate their orders and then split the shipping cost.

Ice, that'd work out well for you and Pete :)

Sadoun said:
You guys should open a store in Canada :)

Ice & Pete, I am in New Richmond, WI and would be all for the multiple purchase. Split up the shipping cost then it would be worth it. Driving to Ohio would cost me just as much to ship it...

Scott

Styler1 said:
Ice & Pete, I am in New Richmond, WI and would be all for the multiple purchase. Split up the shipping cost then it would be worth it. Driving to Ohio would cost me just as much to ship it...

Scott

There you go Iceburg!

Styler1 said:

Scott

On the map its about an hour and a half from New Richmond to the backwoods of MN :)

That's not too bad. I drive down to see Mike Kohl for stuff and that's 4 hours away. I wonder how well this dish will do on satellites that are 2 deg apart. The test was on Anik F1 but the adjacent satellites are 4 deg apart. Hate to get one and be dissapointed. I am in the same boat, can't have big dishes but probably could get away with this one though.

Scott

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts