? 12150H AMC-21 ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I wonder what's up with the 12150H transponder on AMC-21? I tried to tune it in this morning, and it is about half the signal (over noise floor) of most of the other signals on the sat. It's even half the strength of the 3 SD SCPCs on the same transponder. I'm having a very hard time locking it at all.

I hope that they haven't decided to reduce the power on it to keep us from viewing it.

I guess another possibility, which I've often observed with the SD SCPC signals is that they have multiple uplink facilities for that freq, and that this morning it just happens to be a facility that isn't using as much power. Guess I'll check back later. But I'm curious if other people are having problems with it?

I can't lock it here either.
The signal doesn't look bad on the Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer though.

Attachments

• AMC 21 H.jpg
    AMC 21 H.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 112
you're right BJ...showing a 66 on the Coolsat 5000
almost all the other TP's are at 79-82 which is near max

wonder if it has to possibly due with the uplink location and the snowstorm?

Interesting. The signal level difference looks more significant in my spectrum.

Attachments

• AMC21-H.jpg
    AMC21-H.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 123
you're right BJ...showing a 66 on the Coolsat 5000
almost all the other TP's are at 79-82 which is near max

wonder if it has to possibly due with the uplink location and the snowstorm?

Well, I think that I'd normally expect that transponder to be uplinked from Northern Virginia, whereas the 3 SD SCPC signals usually come from Conn, SC, and somewhere out in the midwest, so that would make sense, since I think Northern Virginia is getting hit hard right now.
However the 12140 and 12180 transponders are also coming from Virginia too, at least I think they are, so I wonder why the snow would affect horizontal more than vertical???

But although it's confusing, I bet you're right.

70/99 here , Icon meter always reads high, but sound only so it must be HD instead of SD.
some guy having a conversation like a 'behind the scene' setup of a ballgame,concert or something.
150pm C

edit: This is some sports event from Iowa, never found sports on AMC21 before.

70/99 here , Icon meter always reads high, but sound only so it must be HD instead of SD.
some guy having a conversation like a 'behind the scene' setup of a ballgame,concert or something.
150pm C

edit: This is some sports event from Iowa, never found sports on AMC21 before.

Yes, this is the SCPC HD transponder.
I'm getting a fairly strong signal now.

It looks like a wrestling match between Iowa State and Northern Iowa.

I guess it must have been an uplink problem when it was coming from Virginia.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)