125ku reception with 90cm??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
... Four degree separation requires mini LNBFs like the SL1 Bullet or Inverto Multiconnect....
Or a long focal point dish, such as my 8.5' Birdview. At 40 inches out there is room for normal LNBFs. Currently have KU and C LNBFs on mine hooked directly to a dual DVB-S2 input receiver. Simple, no switches, and minimal signal loss.

I need some help. I don't quite follow the new setup. I cannot twist the LNBS in the holder, because then they don't fit. They both have to be at the horizontal plane to each other. So, am i too assume that the new twin lnbf holder, that the angle that i can pivot on that is supposed to handle the skew?? And if so, that that will throw off my dish??? So, then i have to adjust the actual dish to re-acquire 125w????

I just don't want to move the dish ( as it is perfectly tuned for the single lnbf) if I'm not supposed too..

Please help.

screenshot.1463788296.jpg

I think you'll have to aim the dish at 123 W, with the single LNBF, as each LNBF is offset from 'dead on' centered. Splitting the difference when the dual LNBF holder is installed.. You are after 125 and 121, right?

I think you'll have to aim the dish at 123 W, with the single LNBF, as each LNBF is offset from 'dead on' centered. Splitting the difference when the dual LNBF holder is installed.. You are after 125 and 121, right?

Yes, I'm going for 121/125, however, when i rotate that pivot to 30 degrees the 125w skew - it looks like it will throw off the dish a heck lot more than 123w.

Ah Ha!, the picture in my mind clears a little, then goes foggy again.
But I think I see what you're saying. as you rotate the holder skew, the 125 LNBF is raised and moved closer to 'dead center' while the 121 lowers and moves further away from 'center'.
Think that would aim the dish to about 124 then.
Could it be, the holder isn't skewed to the satellite skew but some lower value? and the LNBF's skewed the rest of the 30 degrees?
Was there any kind of instructions with it?
Cause, other than this, I've got a blank here.

Yea, directions.. You're funny.. Hardly anything comes with instructions these days... o_O

Under normal circumstances, i would rotate the lnbf on the mount. But, when the two lnbfs are in that mount together, you cannot rotate it. I think Titanium might have some input. I just want to make sure we are not overlooking something before i unlock the dish and start moving that around.

the 125 LNBF is raised and moved closer to 'dead center' while the 121 lowers and moves further away from 'center'.

Yea, if i rotate the lnbf holder almost all the way one way, it appears to align it dead center. on lnb1 to the center of dish. - but i couldnt get a signal lock on 125w. So, i got all confused myself. I didn't want to rush and unlock the dish mount, so i thought i would run these ideas past you guys so i don't take any hasty actions.

So, i was right in my thinking. The pivot on the lnbf is for the skew, and i guess ill have to unlock the dish and move it around to re-align 125w. Ill post back my results.

Yea, directions.. You're funny.. Hardly anything comes with instructions these days... o_O

Under normal circumstances, i would rotate the lnbf on the mount. But, when the two lnbfs are in that mount together, you cannot rotate it. I think Titanium might have some input. I just want to make sure we are not overlooking something before i unlock the dish and start moving that around.
Assuming that the root of the problem is that the LNBFs are L-Shaped, I think there is an alternative that will allow you to adjust them independently. Would it be possible to put one of the LNBFs in upside down?

In my setup I found 121W was stronger than 125W. My 90cm dish is optimized for 125W and I positioned a GEOSATpro SL2 bullet LNBF for 121W which has a smaller physical size and allows it to tuck in closer to my PLL LNBF offset to the left side.

I can take a photo later if you want to visualize it iBoston.

Reactions: iBoston
In my setup I found 121W was stronger than 125W. My 90cm dish is optimized for 125W and I positioned a GEOSATpro SL2 bullet LNBF for 121W which has a smaller physical size and allows it to tuck in closer to my PLL LNBF offset to the left side.

I can take a photo later if you want to visualize it iBoston.

Yea, a picture is always nice... I haven't gotten motivated yet to unlock the dish and re-obtain with the dual lnbf's.

This dish pictured is used primarily for 125W for the PBS feeds. A couple of years ago I added the second LNBF for 121W thinking it was temporary but since the target channel stayed, I left it in place.

I noticed last night the hardware I utilized is getting rusty. Time for a little paint.

20160523_195720.jpg20160523_195534.jpg

Well, with the Titanium KU lnbf i get 125w Montana PBS nicely. With the bullet LNBF it seems a lot more sensitive to disruption, and I spent over an hour outside and i cannot get a side lnbf to work. You would think i could get it to work being the power on 121 is strong. I cannot get more than a 3db signal which will not keep a lock. I am extremely frustrated. I cannot get a signal lock using the lnbf holder supplied by GeoSat. It seems to not align the lnbf to the center of the dish.

That clamp was specifically designed for the GSP 90cm dish and has been installed on approx. 7-8k systems. It is aimed where it should be.... :D

When using the dual 4 degree clamp, calculate the dish elevation/azimuth and dual clamp skew settings for the 123w satellite. Align each of the bullet's LNBF centering line with the arrow embossed on the top of the clamp and start with the face of the LNBF moved towards the dish 3/4" measured from the forward clamp edge.

Skew the clamp to the 123w calculated setting. Attach coax to the right LNBF (standing in front of the dish) and place the STB on satellite 125w. Adjust the dish elevation and azimuth to optimize the PBS signal quality.

Power down the STB and install the switch and jumpers to LNBFs and STB. Repower the STB and program the switch. Check 121w for optimized signal quality. Slide left LNBF towards/away from reflector to optimize.

Check 125w again for optimized signal quality. Slide left LNBF towards/away from reflector to optimize.

When both satellites are optimized, gently push on the edge of the reflector East/West/Up/Down and observe if the dish aiming can be optimized.

Finally, make slight skew adjustments to each LNBF to peak the Signal Quality reading.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: iBoston
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts