125ku reception with 90cm??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay, i went outside today, and fine tuned two of the dishes to the lowest signal transponder. I am happy to report i got Montana pbs from around 9 db to around 10 db. - We shall see over the next couple days if this makes long term positive difference. Thus far (last 5 minutes, there have been no video/audio stutters) so , we are off to a good start.

The other dish i fine tuned was 103w/97w and I got a nice jump on signal quality for both 103 and 97. There was one nbc feed that was having trouble locking. No problem now.

Tomorrow, ill fine tune 87w.

Well, it's definitely better.. Today, i am getting some audio stuttering, but only for a moment and only about once every minute or so. Very watchable thus far.

We had a thunderstorm last night. So bad, I couldn't get anything reliably, even on the 1.2 meter at 30w. It was more exciting looking outside.. Strikes all around us. Quite spectacular. :rain

I've pretty much given up on Montana PBS. As I mentioned in a previous post I've had nothing but problems with MPBS ever since they went S2. Prior to that it was one of my FTA channels. I have many fond memories of the Saturday night "Britcoms." Oh well, east come easy go. I still enjoy the PBS East and West feeds on 12180. The picture quality of those HD feeds is excellent. My wife and I really like "Masterpiece" on Sunday nights.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts