129 satellite aiming

Mopee

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Walla Walla, Wash.
I am sure you all have all ready talked this subject to death, so maybe you all can just send me to the proper forum.
Last night I finally got feed up with the 1000 antenna trying to handle 129, 110, and 119 with the same dish. I took the 110 and 119 and put them on a 500 antenna and now want do the same with 129, i.e. put it on it's own 500 antenna.
Now the question, is 129 set with the same settings except for the azimuth? Or do I need to change the skew and height as well, I am at zip 99362.

thanks

mopee

I am sure you all have all ready talked this subject to death, so maybe you all can just send me to the proper forum.
Last night I finally got feed up with the 1000 antenna trying to handle 129, 110, and 119 with the same dish. I took the 110 and 119 and put them on a 500 antenna and now want do the same with 129, i.e. put it on it's own 500 antenna.
Now the question, is 129 set with the same settings except for the azimuth? Or do I need to change the skew and height as well, I am at zip 99362.

thanks

mopee

For 129 the skew will be at 90 degrees since you are only looking at one bird. Which lnb will you be using?

Elev 33
Az 151.5

And :welcome to Satelliteguys!

Set skew to 90. Elevation should be 1 or 2 degrees higher than your D500 and you'll need to play with the azimuth. It will be a few degrees west or to the right of the dish if standing behind it.

Using a satellite finder I located a satellite that was maybe 8-10 degrees to the east, maybe 150-145, elevation 38 and skew 86. Any idea which bird it is?

m

Using a satellite finder I located a satellite that was maybe 8-10 degrees to the east, maybe 150-145, elevation 38 and skew 86. Any idea which bird it is?

m
Oops, I put in wrong sat. You azimuth should be closer to 195 and elevation 35. Sorry bout that.

m

The receiver should tell you "Wrong satellite" and what satellite it is. Put the skew at 90 and you'll find it. Your elevation looks close to Portland, OR.

You can try this calculator, just enter 129 in the satellite box.

Satellite Look Angles Satellite Heading Calculator Azimuth Elevation Skew Tilt LNBF Latitude and Longitude values

Posting the link would help. tsduke beat me to it.

To find 61.5 using a Dish500 using only the 110 eye, I used the stationary satellite aiming tool in Sadoun.com's tech support area. Numbers were close enough to find the satellite, then I peaked it with an old tuner and portable TV on the roof.

Well I finally got 129 to hook up this am. I am amazed that the 1000 antenna with it's three lnb setup can even get any signals from 129. The lnb is on the opposite side of the dish for that satellite where I live. No wonder I always had trouble.

Anyway thanks you all.

Monty

opposite side of dish

Well I finally got 129 to hook up this am. I am amazed that the 1000 antenna with it's three lnb setup can even get any signals from 129. The lnb is on the opposite side of the dish for that satellite where I live. No wonder I always had trouble.

Anyway thanks you all.

Monty

And 110 is on the the other opposite side of dish. They bounce so to speak off the curvature of the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)