Status
Please reply by conversation.

14karat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Hernando, Mississippi
Ok, this is driving me nuts.
When I peak WhiteSprings on 129 Ku then blindscan for C-band, I'm finding that I'm nearly at peak on 131. I don't see how I can be this far out of whack when everything else seems to be pretty darn good...
:confused:

I have no idea, but when you think about the difference of where the probes inside of the lnb (or lnb's) are located, and you consider a direct "line of sight" for each individual probe, and how those small fractions of inches going thousands of miles in a specific "line of sight", how it probably isn't so difficult for one to point to (or point close enough to) 131.0w and the other to point at (or point close enough to) 129.0w......?

specs

- how big a dish?
- which LNBf or feedhorn?
eg: if you are on a 4' dish, then I'm not surprised in a 2° error.
However, if you're on a 10' dish, then I'd suspect you're using a BSC-621. - :eek:

Maybe you've mentioned these things in other threads, but they're not here and not in your signature, and bear on the problem.

OK, I see the problem.
3.928V on 131 is HOT... I'm picking it up from 129 thru 133. When I peak on the adjacents, even for Cband, I'm getting that Tp in the 70% range and if I just blow hard on the dish it hits 90+...
Yeesh - just have to try and remember that...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts