1305 - Broadband Connection lost on Joey

nagol99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Have Hopper 3 with 3 Joey's, the Joey in the master bedroom has been having issues with receiving the 1305 Broadband connection lost while watching it. This will of course cause the signal to be lost for 15-20 seconds then it will come back on. It does not do this all the time, but sometimes will happen 3-4 times in a hour it seems like. I just got off the phone with Dish support and was told they could not help troubleshoot the issue unless it was happening while I had them on the phone. I explained to the rep that it would be hard for me to call in while it was off, but would give it a try. Of course I have powered off the Hopper 3 and Joey, tried turning off bridging on the Hopper, checked cables, but still having the issue. I even swapped the Joey with one in my sons bedroom, but the issue is still happening in the master bedroom. Any thoughts on this from anyone?

Is it on a different connection on the hub than the one(s) that are working right?

This is the mystery problem. On one, I had to reset the network at the harbor and then reenable bridging and that fixed it. On another I had to replace the hopper three. I’ve seen other people talk about this and nobody has ever come up with a definitive fix. Cabling is always the first place that I would look

This is the mystery problem. On one, I had to reset the network at the harbor and then reenable bridging and that fixed it. On another I had to replace the hopper three. I’ve seen other people talk about this and nobody has ever come up with a definitive fix. Cabling is always the first place that I would look
I dont have any type of network bridge on my configurations for the Hopper or Joey. My internet connections consist of a cable modem and router that i am able to connect to via a wireless connection on both the Hopper 3 and Joey for the internet connections.

I dont have any type of network bridge on my configurations for the Hopper or Joey. My internet connections consist of a cable modem and router that i am able to connect to via a wireless connection on both the Hopper 3 and Joey for the internet connections.

I would disconnect the Joey(s) from the router and turn on bridging on the Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts