139W AMC 8

if you bought that much you could always resell it on here im sure there is a lot of ppl that would love to remesh there dish or fix mess up panels. that would mean you would become a reseller and is that something you want to do? yes home depot i believe i saw it there month ago when i was there

Honestly, the footprint charts are near zero percent accuracy for reflector size. Every service's link budget is different and rarely is a transponder uplinked at full bandwidth or full power. The size recommendation never takes into consideration the size necessary for a beamwidth preventing adjacent satellite interference.

Technically, the minimum KU-band size would be approx. 85cm and C-band is 8'. Any smaller aperture and the beamwidth exceeds the 2 degree minimum orbital spacing.

Reactions: IntelPennny4
Is there a page somewhere with various satellite's footprints?

For footprints, I like:

SatStar.net - Satellites

But as Brian said, they aren't particularly accurate. Even if you aren't in the footprint, give it a try, you might get something. For example, I can get a few C band channels weakly from Star One C1 at 65w here in New Mexico, even though I'm well outside the footprint. Other satellites, where I'm right on the edge, and would think I'd get something, I get zip.

Another site I like, for the actual transponder frequencies:

Frequency Plan Satellites

But you have to know who owns the satellite, otherwise it can be hard to find a particular bird.

Reactions: Greg Mueller
wvman, My 12’ paraclipse panels are two pieces. Can you use your mesh as far as it goes then rotate the next section 90 degrees to place on the outside few feet? Just asking.

so i email tek2000 about panel replacement and mesh replacement. he email me back saying he sells both panels and mesh screen. email tek2000 if u want price on those items. this message is mainly for vman but im sure it will help out others too have a good day :)

Reactions: wvman
so i email tek2000 about panel replacement and mesh replacement. he email me back saying he sells both panels and mesh screen. email tek2000 if u want price on those items. this message is mainly for vman but im sure it will help out others too have a good day :)

Thanks for the info. Have been preoccupied for a few days and couldn't get back here for a while. :)

if anyone can get this bird can you please post the channels you can scan in. thank you
I was at the understanding this satellite is no longer active. I lost all channels on that bird at least a year ago and my research said it had been taken offline due to being past its intended age limit. Was my information incorrect? Perhaps I have another reason why I no longer get these channels.

yo vman is this what u be looking for?

img_20180315_144528226-jpg.131872
Where can I get this mesh?

Hardware stores, Lowes, Homedepot, Amazon, etc.

I was at the understanding this satellite is no longer active. I lost all channels on that bird at least a year ago and my research said it had been taken offline due to being past its intended age limit. Was my information incorrect? Perhaps I have another reason why I no longer get these channels.
You are outside the footprint of the active transponder. The remaining transponder covers Alaska and West coast continental US/Canada.

Reactions: norman881
AMC-8 is very much alive and providing vital commercial services.

I
You are outside the footprint of the active transponder. The remaining transponder covers Alaska and West coast continental US/Canada.
used to pick this satellite up about a year ago. It was all Alaskan stations. Then it disappeared and i read somewhere they were having problems with it. I tried it for several months and the last time I tried scanning it I got no transponders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts