13k vs. 17k

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WTguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I was going to get into cband and was wondering how much performance difference there is between a 13k vs. 17k lnbf's? I will probably go with a 6 ft dish so performance should be good. Thanks for your replies.

I was going to get into cband and was wondering how much performance difference there is between a 13k vs. 17k lnbf's? I will probably go with a 6 ft dish so performance should be good. Thanks for your replies.

I personally don't look at noise figure as much as I do gain and stability figures. You would be much happier to go with a higher noise figure LNB made by a quality manufacturer.

Also are you going to be looking at wider bandwidth signals or smaller bandwidths.

The less the bandwidth the more stability is the key.

In my experience with all grades of consumer level LNBs, they seem to work about the same regardless of what the label states or price. Some of my $10 units work as well as some I paid $150 for years ago. I consider many of the later ones as "throw away". In the event lightning or some other failure, I won't be out much money or disappointment.

I have had more trouble with frequency drift on the LNB type vs. LNBF at the temp. extremes. Some in winter when first turned on, like it needed to warm up for a little while. I had one if used on analog C band TP is off by 3 channels. :eek:

On the hobbyist level, from what little I know, it seems more important to make sure your dish is properly aligned that it is to worry about noise figure. In most aspects, you're talking about a few percentage points difference if any at all. A misaligned dish is going to cost you way more signal than that. I'm using a DMX741 C/Ku LNBF and am very happy with it! It's very good quality and I've had no problems so far, highly recommended!

You won't see any real differences. Most modern cheap lnbs and lnbf's work quite well.
the cheapo bsc-211 or whatever dmsi renamed now..I think dmx-211..it's the same lnb's.

they work well and work well with dvb s2 on my 10' dish.

You will receive most everything in the sky if our dish is tuned properly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts